Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Flex top spend category

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Freedom Flex top spend category

@Remedios wrote:

Midnight my time, not Standard Delaware Time, right? 

Hmmm, that's a very good question.

Whenever I used to play with Chase (which has been a while ago), I used to do things EST cuz everything they typically mention on the site (payments cut-off, transfers and other thingies reference EST).

Message 81 of 105
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Venmo CC seems to also incorporated top spend category (it looks like this method would be possibly a new norm in the cashback cards soon):

• 3% in first top spend, 2% in second top spend, 1% in other purchases (from Venmo website).

Anyway, the cashback is a bit low and the CC is also provided by Synchrony (not a fan of putting my eggs in their baskets or vice-versa Smiley Happy). What caught my attention was that the owners of Venmo CC can generate Virtual card number and while PPK is giving "comming soon" error message, it might be helpful to consider Venmo as an alternative for virtual cards. Does anyone know whether Venmo Virtual card would be a virtual credit card or virtual debit card?

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 82 of 105
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

I requested to PC my CF to CFF two weeks ago and for unknown reasons, I received two CFF cards (one per week). Has anybody seen this issue before? Is it feasible to activate both cards and use them independently?

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 83 of 105
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

For those who have the Freedom and Freedom Flex already, how soon does Chase typically release the next quarter category information?  When will Q1 2022 be revealed, in other words?

I know they only reveal them one QTR at a time, not like Discover's full calendar...

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 84 of 105
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@xenon3030 wrote:

I requested to PC my CF to CFF two weeks ago and for unknown reasons, I received two CFF cards (one per week). Has anybody seen this issue before? Is it feasible to activate both cards and use them independently?

Yes, it happens.

Take a look at the expiration date and CVV, and if both match, not sure what you'd accomplish by using them independently, meaning it's tracked to the same account number unless you want to save one as a spare 🤷🏼‍♂️  Unless, one version is contactless and the other one isn't, so you'll have to examine them both. If CVV is different, it will still be tracked the same.

Message 85 of 105
ngoaa
New Contributor

For Q1 --> Mid-December. 

@Taurus22 wrote:

For those who have the Freedom and Freedom Flex already, how soon does Chase typically release the next quarter category information?  When will Q1 2022 be revealed, in other words?

I know they only reveal them one QTR at a time, not like Discover's full calendar...

Message 86 of 105
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@Taurus22 wrote:

Usually a couple weeks in advance of each new quarter.  Just barely enough time to figure out how to rearrange my spend.

Message 87 of 105
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

@ngoaa  @MrDisco99   Thank you!  Wanting to keep my eye on the category releases to decide when I want to apply for the Flex.

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 88 of 105
NRB525
Super Contributor

@ngoaa wrote:

For Q1 --> Mid-December. 

@Taurus22 wrote:

Should be Dec 15 when we see the next Q1 categories. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 89 of 105
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@xenon3030 wrote:

Since the SUB is very small, I requested to PC my CF to CFF and the card should arrive early next week Smiley Happy

SUB is identical to (or higher) to at least 5 cards in your sig and higher than at least 3, so obviously not a main criteria for you, correct? 

If you cannot max quarters on both Freedoms, that's definitely a reason to do PC instead of applying, but if you can, "SUB too small" kinda doesn't make sense since you have CSP to transfer URs to, from SUB and purchases. 

Even if you weren't transferring, it's $150 per quarter with two Freedoms, and that's a rather nice return. 

CFF SUB is the easy 20,000 UR, plus the additional 4 UR on up to $12k of groceries. For Fred Meyer shopping its 4, for another grocery that AMEX Gold likes, its just a marginally better reward, but still 48,000 UR for the gathering.

Since that grocery bonus looks like it is ending soon, this Q4 extra was a nice incentive to apply for what I was planning at some point anyhow.

Plus some quarters will still be able to extend, nearly double the Freedom category now, with both VISA and MC.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 90 of 105
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.