cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Flex top spend category

xenon3030
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Flex top spend category

I have CFF in my Paypal. I linked Paypal to Samsung Pay in my phone to possibly get 5% cashback for in store purchases in this quarter. The first test did not work as expected, because Samsung Pay charged my checking account instead of CFF Smiley Very Happy.

The preferred payment method was set to CFF and not sure why it happened. Did anybody try it?

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~780 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (Custom Cash Rewards, Better Cash Rewards, Premium Rewards), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon), US Bank (Cash+, Altitude Go/Connect), Discover, Amex (BCP, HH), Walmart/Cap1, Barclay View.
Message 91 of 94
Yasselife
Frequent Contributor

Chase especial offer for FF card holders

The top spend category offer is separate from quarterly bonus category offer, but automatically added to your account when you activate your Q4 bonus categories. You'll earn 5% cash back on up to $1500 in total spend in the eligible rewards category where you spend the most from October 1 – December 31, 2021. That's 4% additional cash back on top of the 1% cash back per $1 USD spent that you earn on all purchases.  Elegible rewards categories:  Travel (including Transit), Dining, Home Improvement Stores, Grocery Stores (not including Target and Walmart purchases), Drugstores, Gas Stations, Select Live Entertainment, Select Streaming Services, Fitness Clubs.  I can only choose one from below, the promo works like Citi custom cash. Dining and drugstores would be 7% cb  Gas 5% Groceries 5% PayPal 9%The top spend category offer is separate from quarterly bonus category offer, but automatically added to your account when you activate your Q4 bonus categories. You'll earn 5% cash back on up to $1500 in total spend in the eligible rewards category where you spend the most from October 1 – December 31, 2021. That's 4% additional cash back on top of the 1% cash back per $1 USD spent that you earn on all purchases. Elegible rewards categories: Travel (including Transit), Dining, Home Improvement Stores, Grocery Stores (not including Target and Walmart purchases), Drugstores, Gas Stations, Select Live Entertainment, Select Streaming Services, Fitness Clubs. I can only choose one from below, the promo works like Citi custom cash. Dining and drugstores would be 7% cb Gas 5% Groceries 5% PayPal 9%

Message 92 of 94
xenon3030
Established Contributor

Re: Chase especial offer for FF card holders

I guess, the top spend will be limited to one of the categories that Chase mentioned but not all. Therefore, if you do some purchases at pharmacy e.g. 300$ and 1200$ at home improvement stores like HD, only 1200$ would receive the additional 4% cashback. I might be wrong and it is good if somebody can clarify.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~780 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (Custom Cash Rewards, Better Cash Rewards, Premium Rewards), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon), US Bank (Cash+, Altitude Go/Connect), Discover, Amex (BCP, HH), Walmart/Cap1, Barclay View.
Message 93 of 94
cws-21
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Flex top spend category

@Taurus22 wrote:

@ngoaa  @MrDisco99   Thank you!  Wanting to keep my eye on the category releases to decide when I want to apply for the Flex.

What's got you interested in the CFF, @Taurus22? How will it fit in your current cash back setup?

Message 94 of 94
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.