Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Fraudulent Transaction Alert

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Fraudulent Transaction Alert

I'm not sure if this is a localized incident, but I received a fraudulent transaction alert today that someone attempted to use my Chase Freedom online at a Canadian company. (I live in the United States.) Just a heads up to anyone that has a Chase card: check your email, text messages, and online account for any notifications.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
juggar
Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Fraudulent Transaction Alert

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm not sure if this is a localized incident, but I received a fraudulent transaction alert today that someone attempted to use my Chase Freedom online at a Canadian company. (I live in the United States.) Just a heads up to anyone that has a Chase card: check your email, text messages, and online account for any notifications.

Its safe to say this is localized to you. Someone prob got your CC info. 

Amex Green, Chase Freedom(7.5K), Nationwide Visa Signature(6K), Chase Sapphire Preferred(6k), Cap One VentureOne visa signature (5K) BoA Cash Rewards siggy (5K), BoA travel rewards visa siggy(5K) PayPal Extras Mastercard(5K), Capital One QuickSilver(2.25K) Newegg Preferred Account(2K), Citi Forward(3.4K), Dell Account(2K) Discover IT(2.4K), Chase Slate (1.5K) Citi Diamond Preferred ($800), BestBuy Mastercard ($1500),Bill-Me-Later(1.2K), ,Barclay Mastercard(2K). TigerDirect TigerPay(3.15K), Wal-mart credit card(3.9K), Amazon store card (2K)

equifax - 720, TU - 747, Exp - 734 - report date 11/24/2014
15+ inqs...
Message 2 of 10
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Yes probably an isolated incident, none of my chase cards took a hit.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 3 of 10
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the Heads up.

Message 4 of 10
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

I bought a RFID wallet recently, after seeing a news story about how they can now use some type of reader to scan your CC's inside your wallet. Not for everyone though, just thought I would mention it.

Message 5 of 10
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Theyv been warning about that for years. Very rare for it to happen. They can have my card numbers, I'm not liable. Thats why I always use a CC not a debit
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 6 of 10
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@Jerry45 wrote:

I bought a RFID wallet recently, after seeing a news story about how they can now use some type of reader to scan your CC's inside your wallet. Not for everyone though, just thought I would mention it.

I believe this is only for the RFID enabled credit cards, such as contact-less and Chase "blink"

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 7 of 10
nyancat
Established Contributor

No this is not connected to NFC/RFID at all. Any pre-play attack on a contactless card would be in person, for one transaction. It is also worth noting there have been no reports of these pre-play attacks ever happening in the real world for some very good reasons.

This is someone who had access to the physical card including the security code printed on the card. Most likely a waiter in a restaurant who photographed the card discreetly when they took it to the back.
American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 8 of 10
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

True Enough. I guess , I just like new gadgets. LOL

Message 9 of 10
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Right. I see. In my area, the media has warned of hospital Identity theft. This has nothing to do with credit cards, but theives try to steal printer and copier hard drives in medical offices, to get vital personal info. They also go to emergency rooms, and take cell phone pictures of patients filling out forms. Awful Stuff.

Sorry to get off track.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.