Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom/Freedom Flex Q4 Categories: Paypal and Walmart

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Chase Freedom/Freedom Flex Q4 Categories: Paypal and Walmart

As subject reads. Thanks to people at Doctor of Credit for the information

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-freedom-freedom-flex-q4-5-category-paypal-and-walmart-no-q3-cat...

Should be an easy category for me thanks to Paypal. To those that don't use it as much but still want a simple way to max the cap perhaps look into Paypal Key

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom/Freedom Flex Q4 Categories: Paypal and Walmart

I'll take the paypal category. Thanks!

Message 2 of 32
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I'm assuming that's only for Walmart online orders. I guess we can wait in suspense another day or two. 

Kinda really weak categories given the holiday season being right around the corner. 

Knowing Chase, it could have been worse, like "Concerts and cruises" 

Message 3 of 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

I'm assuming that's only for Walmart online orders. I guess we can wait in suspense another day or two. 

Kinda really weak categories given the holiday season being right around the corner. 

With paypal key, this basically translates into "Online shopping" so it's OK for me.

Message 4 of 32
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

With paypal key, this basically translates into "Online shopping" so it's OK for me.

True. I'll pick one bill close to $1500 and call it a day. 

Message 5 of 32
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

That's where AMEX comes in

Message 6 of 32
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@simplynoir wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

That's where AMEX comes in

Spend $90000 get $90 back at Efhutregij Tgewvnnjiik Rhkjgedhjkk"

Message 7 of 32
sxa001
Valued Contributor

I finally have my PayPal key just as the Q3 is ending and Discover won't have the 5% Cashback.  Perhaps it is time to call chase and go ahead and PC to the Freedom Flex!  It will be interesting to see how many more times PayPal is a category with PayPal key making it so easy to maximize cash back.  With this and Amazon on Discover for Q4, it will probably be the best month for Cashback that I have had in awhile.  

Message 8 of 32
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

Correct me if I'm wrong about this but if Q4 holds as PayPal the bonus Freedom category.

-PayPal debit card can be set up to be paid by a Chase Freedom card as the default payment source.

-Rakuten dining can then be set up to have PayPal debit card as its transaction source.

-Samsung Pay can also be set up for the PayPal debit card.

-PayPal Key can then be set up for online shopping.

$1500 spend on PayPal in Q4 should be no problem then for anyone. 

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 9 of 32
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@Citylights18 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong about this but if Q4 holds as PayPal the bonus Freedom category.

-PayPal debit card key can be set up to be paid by a Chase Freedom card as the default payment source.

-Rakuten dining can then be set up to have PayPal debit card key as its transaction source.

-Samsung Pay can also be set up for the PayPal debit card.

-PayPal Key can then be set up for online shopping.

$1500 spend on PayPal in Q4 should be no problem then for anyone. 

fixed. Samsung Pay In store will not work.

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.