Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom HP or SP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom HP or SP

I've had the Circuit City Chase Visa card, and when the store went out business it turned into a Chase Rewards Visa, and finally it's a Chase Freedom Visa. I recieved the card in 2008, with a CL of 2k. I never tried to request a credit line increase. If I were to try now would it be a HP or SP? I'm in the process of buying a home and I can't have any new inquiries.

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom HP or SP

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had the Circuit City Chase Visa card, and when the store went out business it turned into a Chase Rewards Visa, and finally it's a Chase Freedom Visa. I recieved the card in 2008, with a CL of 2k. I never tried to request a credit line increase. If I were to try now would it be a HP or SP? I'm in the process of buying a home and I can't have any new inquiries.

Could possibly be a HP. I would speak with a supervisor thre and make sure you get info. on who it is if they say it will be a SP.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 36
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Could possibly be a HP. I would speak with a supervisor thre and make sure you get info. on who it is if they say it will be a SP.

+1

Be very sure they don't mention anything that sounds like they need your permission to look at your credit. Chase is very conservative and if your account is still under the 5k level they will most likely HP for any CLI request.  If they ask, you can tell them it's ok where it is for now.

Have not been connected to any Chase card with less than a 5k CL and they still sometimes do a HP even with 750 FICOs and signature cards.  Just a heads up.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 3 of 36
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

Be very sure they don't mention anything that sounds like they need your permission to look at your credit. Chase is very conservative and if your account is still under the 5k level they will most likely HP for any CLI request.  If they ask, you can tell them it's ok where it is for now.

Have not been connected to any Chase card with less than a 5k CL and they still sometimes do a HP even with 750 FICOs and signature cards.  Just a heads up.

With the account being open for 4 years and im sure OP has tooken good care of it (Smiley Happy) they may just do a SP. Fingers crossed!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 36
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@RyVision wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

With the account being open for 4 years and im sure OP has tooken good care of it (Smiley Happy) they may just do a SP. Fingers crossed!

The last Chase flexible (siggy) we had got an auto CLI I think within 2 years. I'm surprised they haven't done an auto CLI since 2008, that's why I'd be sure to listen for any hint of wanting to look at the persons credit for a CLI.  And you're really on point about making sure to ask to "speak to someone about an increase" like a supervisor. They do seem to inform about your chances for a CLI even before mentioning the chance of a HP.

If Shawal16's scores listed above are FICO's, there is a much lesser chance for a HP though, so calling to ask about it wouldn't  hurt. Like I said, Chase tends to let you know in some way  before pulling.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 5 of 36
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@RyVision wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

The last Chase flexible (siggy) we had got an auto CLI I think within 2 years. I'm surprised they haven't done an auto CLI since 2008, that's why I'd be sure to listen for any hint of wanting to look at the persons credit for a CLI.  And you're really on point about making sure to ask to "speak to someone about an increase" like a supervisor. They do seem to inform about your chances for a CLI even before mentioning the chance of a HP.

If Shawal16's scores listed above are FICO's, there is a much lesser chance for a HP though, so calling to ask about it wouldn't  hurt. Like I said, Chase tends to let you know in some way  before pulling.

Yea that is a little weird no auto-CLI in 4 years. With the OP's scores, as long as it's a SP they should be able to get a CLI (YMMV barring any high util. or baddies)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 36
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Over the last few months I've only read about one post where a customer initiated CLI didn't require a HP.

Try calling and let us know.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 36
radiomando
New Contributor

as a new chase freedom cardholder, i was just notified that customer-initiated CLI will be HP.

Message 8 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I rarely carry a balance with the card. I just get gas and some meals here and there to keep it active. But I've noticed they have decent rewards, so I thought it would use it more often. CLI isn't a big deal to me, but I would like it increased if it doesn't require a HP. But I will call.

Message 9 of 36
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I rarely carry a balance with the card. I just get gas and some meals here and there to keep it active. But I've noticed they have decent rewards, so I thought it would use it more often. CLI isn't a big deal to me, but I would like it increased if it doesn't require a HP. But I will call.

Keep us informed on it! Hope all goes well!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.