Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom HP or SP

tag
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom HP or SP

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been with Chase for  years. So I'm not sure what the reason behind it. I could barely understand her.

Today might not have been the best day to call. You'd want to talk to a supervisor or credit analyst. I think you'd have to call on a week day to be sure of being able to do that. If you didn't get a supervisor (transferred the call),  you could call tomorrow if you'd like a better answer.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 21 of 36
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just called and she said a credit inquiry would be necessary so I declined the CLI.

That stinks!

I like their card's simplicity, website, and generally find customer service okay but really wouldn't have gotten it knowing Chase's CLI policy. Mine will be a year old in August but basically only gets used when there's a 5% category that beats the BCP.

It's still a good card and company. They just have the one policy that annoys me, LOL!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've even tried to get the APR down from 24.99% but they wouldn't budge any. That's why I never use the card. I have the AA Citi card the interest rate is 11% with a 5k CL. So I use that the mostly. I actually don't want to have multiple cards. I carry a floating balance not over $400.

Message 23 of 36
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've even tried to get the APR down from 24.99% but they wouldn't budge any. That's why I never use the card. I have the AA Citi card the interest rate is 11% with a 5k CL. So I use that the mostly. I actually don't want to have multiple cards. I carry a floating balance not over $400.

It sounds like they're doing to you what they did with a lot of  "converted" circuit city card holders. Leaving  you with less than stellar terms, the high rate still there after moving to the Freedom line. You would really want to speak with someone higher up in this case. If you don't care about the CL for now, you'll have better luck with them after the mortgage has been going for 6 months. Though a supervisor might be able to do something without a HP on a weekday (possibly even just lower the rate), just no guarantee.  They didn't go out of their way for converted card members (circuit city to regular chase).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 24 of 36
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I've called to ask about upgrading to CSP and was told it wouldn't be possible for one year and would still require a HP. Also got a big, fat "No" to lowering the interest rate, LOL!

Chase Freedom's freedom will soon be limited to my sock drawer if things don't change soon. Plenty of other cards are fighting for that spot in the rotation. Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 36
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

I've called to ask about upgrading to CSP and was told it wouldn't be possible for one year and would still require a HP. Also got a big, fat "No" to lowering the interest rate, LOL!

Chase Freedom's freedom will soon be limited to my sock drawer if things don't change soon. Plenty of other cards are fighting for that spot in the rotation. Smiley Happy

Smiley Very Happy

If they're not cutting out on the starting rotation demote them to 2nd string!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 26 of 36
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

It's going into the sock drawer after the 5% on gas ends. Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 36
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

It's going into the sock drawer after the 5% on gas ends. Smiley Happy

I'm thinking of trying my luck with Chase in August but really want to hold my EX report for PSECU. Think PSECU would still approve with a 6 month old INQ in Feb. 2013?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 28 of 36
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@LS,

Totally unfamiliar with PESCU's practices.

Message 29 of 36
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@Anonymous,

Totally unfamiliar with PESCU's practices.

I'm scared i'll get declined for too many recent INQ's if I go for Chase in August.

If any myFICO experts could chime in on this it would be appreciated!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.