Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Help?

tag
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

Chase Freedom Help?

After attempting a recon this morning for the $500 CLI I don't want a 2nd Hardpull. So I have a few questions and ideas that I hope some can help me with. 

1) How many times can you pay the Credit Card in a month? In other words, If I use $495 out of the $500 and I make a payment the day it clears, I reuse another $495 and repeat the process, how many times can I do this in a month? I heard that Citi or a few others cap how many payments you can make in a month...  (of course this would all be done before the statement cut date)

2) I see Chase has been giving Auto CLI's lately...Do they prefer heavy usage or "average"? (I know this is a YMMV but just some opinions would be good) 

3) Has anyone had any luck with lowering the APR? (I always PIF unless I allow a balance to report for utilization purposes) but I'm just curious just incase I ever needed to carry a balance for a month or two. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Help?

@CC365 wrote:

After attempting a recon this morning for the $500 CLI I don't want a 2nd Hardpull. So I have a few questions and ideas that I hope some can help me with. 

1) How many times can you pay the Credit Card in a month? In other words, If I use $495 out of the $500 and I make a payment the day it clears, I reuse another $495 and repeat the process, how many times can I do this in a month? I heard that Citi or a few others cap how many payments you can make in a month...  (of course this would all be done before the statement cut date)

2) I see Chase has been giving Auto CLI's lately...Do they prefer heavy usage or "average"? (I know this is a YMMV but just some opinions would be good) 

3) Has anyone had any luck with lowering the APR? (I always PIF unless I allow a balance to report for utilization purposes) but I'm just curious just incase I ever needed to carry a balance for a month or two. 

1. if you have online bill pay from your bank you can do that as many times as you want. trust me they will take your money! as for in the chase website i believe once. 

2. im sure it is ymmv. ive maxxed out my limit almost every month since july (no auto cli) and im not calling ethier 

3. and not sure i have not but usually they do an intro apr. mine is first year is 0% and after its like 18.99 or something in that area. 

but id go for a apr request at the same time you ask for a cli if you do so you can only take one hard pull. 

when i apped for this card i only had one "real" cc on my reports and i just got it that month. even though i had a year and a half of perfect payment history on two cards they dont take into consideration "store" cards. since then ive gained a couple 3k+ cards and a 5k card. 

if you utuilize your cards and make payments on time im sure they will treat you right. 

best of luck. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 13
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

You can make a payment every 3 days that's funded from the same bak account. Other than that I do not believe there is a limit.
AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 3 of 13
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Do you have other cards that are high limit? I was able to get them to match my then new discover with CL of $3500 when my Slate was $750
AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 4 of 13
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:
Do you have other cards that are high limit? I was able to get them to match my then new discover with CL of $3500 when my Slate was $750

I have the others at $1,000 each. 

Message 5 of 13
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:

was this after you got the card or no recon approval? 

like i said i recently got a 5k card and will let it report for a few months. but would love chase to match it. plus ill be using it for the 5% gas and starbucks.

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 6 of 13
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

@SwiftTone wrote:

like i said i recently got a 5k card and will let it report for a few months. but would love chase to match it. plus ill be using it for the 5% gas and starbucks.

Chase will pull you again though, unless you get a rep who is very understanding. Auto CLI are very small at that limit as well. 

Message 7 of 13
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@AF_23 wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

@SwiftTone wrote:

Chase will pull you again though, unless you get a rep who is very understanding. Auto CLI are very small at that limit as well. 

sadly yes i know. 

like stated in other threads chase doesnt take into account store cards. 

i dont plan on asking for a cli until july/august. since i got my freedom ive added a 5k, and a 2k cc that will be reporting for a year and the 5k for 6 months. i just figured they matched my current card limit which the only cc i had was a 500. i was denied in feb for a chase card but cant remember which one i applied for. 

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 8 of 13
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

How long do you have to have your card to request a CLI?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 9 of 13
Mikeguy11

To your first question, my Chase Freedom won't allow me to schedule more than one payment at a time, even from completely separate banks/CUs/accounts. As for the other two, I've had my Chase Freedom for about 16 months without any CLI. Haven't asked for one either, as it's currently my largest revolving account.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.