cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom - Hold Rewards Until CSP/CSR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom - Hold Rewards Until CSP/CSR?

Hey all,

I want to start looking into the Chase game later this year around Christmas time but I don’t think I will be able to hit the spend for the CSP/CSR SUB until next year. I want to go for the Freedom first, so that would give me a foot in at Chase and give me a rotating category card.

My question is, can I hold onto the points for say, a year, without being forced for cash back until a CS card is obtained? This assumes that Chase keeps their transfer UR abilities into 2020.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom - Hold Rewards Until CSP/CSR?

You should be able to hold onto them provided the account remains open and in good standing. Just a heads up- you should check out the recently updated FU offer also.
BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies!

The FU is very tempting but I just wouldn’t not be able to make enough spend to max it. Plus I do have a QS which offers the same 1.5% standard. I see myself definitely getting it in a couple years though for uncategorized spending.
Message 4 of 6
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the replies!

The FU is very tempting but I just wouldn’t not be able to make enough spend to max it. Plus I do have a QS which offers the same 1.5% standard. I see myself definitely getting it in a couple years though for uncategorized spending.

For the record the FU is 3x for first year thats twice as good as QS if you are only doing cash back. I would say its probably closer to 6x if you use UR the way you are supposed to use them with a CSP/CSR/CIP.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 6
MrPSS
Regular Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the replies!

For the record the FU is 3x for first year thats twice as good as QS if you are only doing cash back. I would say its probably closer to 6x if you use UR the way you are supposed to use them with a CSP/CSR/CIP.

+1 I agree with this! Grab the Freedom Unlimited now and start building history with Chase -- they prefer that. It would be best to do this and start racking up URs while at 3x. I would see no reason why if you manage it well over the next 6 months you couldn't [AT MINIMUM] get a $5k CSP by Nov -- just in time to put some holiday spend and get a jump on that SUB! Smiley Happy 

Current: Gardening...

FICO 8: EX:TU:EQ:

As of Aug 2020. Total CL: $46,600; Goal: $50,000
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.