Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Holders

tag
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Holders

@Anonymous wrote:

seriously i dont think you've actually read topic.  i started this post all over again.  if you read the first 15 responses its clear that most though siggy or any CL over 5k doesn't report.  both are false.  i've since corrected that misnomer several times.  i'm sorry you're taking issue with that, but facts are facts.

read the first 12-15 posts and give me a summary of whats being said.  we can continue this converstation after that.

Mike, this isn't about the topic. It is about the fact that you insist upon taking a snide and condescending tone with those you disagree with.

You corrected the facts...good...but that doesn't give you the right to be snotty and rude to other posters.

Sorry, that's the rule here. We treat other posters with respect in this forum. Either follow the rules or your stay at FICO Forums will likely be a short one.

We're done here...have a great day.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 41 of 51
CS800
Super Contributor

Ok people, take a chill pill.  I see nothing good that can come out of this.

On a brighter note it's Friday and happy hour is only a few hours away Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 51
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Ok people, take a chill pill.  I see nothing good that can come out of this.

On a brighter note it's Friday and happy hour is only a few hours away Smiley Happy

You're right, CS...my bad. Bullies just get my goat...and people who insist upon "educating" in the form of being jerks rub me the wrong way...especially in a forum where complicated and confusing topics relative to a very serious topic (credit) are discussed. Patience and understanding are needed, not impatience and snottiness.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 43 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calm down guys, no more attacks on each other, esp if it's not on the topic.

From the Visa Site on Visa Signature:

* Certain restrictions and exclusions may apply. Individual transactions are evaluated by your card issuer based on factors such as suspected fraud, account history, credit record, payment resources, revolving balances, prior cash advances, and safety and soundness considerations. If your card issuer authorizes a transaction that causes you to exceed your revolving credit line, then you must pay, as part of your monthly minimum amount due, the amount by which your new balance exceeds your revolving credit line.

I believe this is where people are having problems.  To my understanding, a Visa Signature type card does not have a "limit", but a "line" which may be gone beyond on a per transaction basis.  Thus technically, for the banks to fill in the "Limit" line is incorrect, since it's not an actual limit.  People want the line to report as the limit.  The problem here is the gray area where some banks report limits on some Signature cards and some do not.  People are trying to find a reason as to why some do and some do not.

I think the idea is that some people assume that you are not NPSL if a limit reports.  I think this is incorrect since as according to the Visa site, Visa Signature INCLUDES NPSL as a feature of the product, along with the other perks.  Thus, while any NPSL card may not be a Signature(although I don't think other than AMEX and World cards, there are any other NPSL cards), all Visa Signature cards become NPSL.  How they are handled by each issuer is dependant on the issuer's policy.

So is there no limit on card, there is a "line." Some banks report it, some banks don't.  Which is correct? Don't report it.  Why? If your balance is over the "line", and they report your "line" as your limit, then you will be seen as over 100% utilization.  Result, lower FICO, possible AA from other banks when they soft pull and see over "limit."  Do people want the line to report as a limit? Yes, for those who handle their money well and want the utilization help.

Now, do most report the line as your limit? No.  Some do.  Citi supposedly does now, I remember reading about others that do, but don't remember them off the top of my head.

Bottom Line: Do they report a limit? No.  Do they report a line? Maybe.

Message 44 of 51
Switch2007
Contributor

I have a $7500 limit on my Freedom, and mine reports the CL. 

Starting Score: 08/01/2009 584
Current Score: 08/01/2011 EQ 684 EX (Lender Pull) 702 TU 712
Goal Score: 780+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 45 of 51
CS800
Super Contributor

@Switch2007 wrote:

And what do you want? A cookie??

Jk...Jk . Just trying to lighten the atmosphere here Smiley Happy

Message 46 of 51
mamahearts
Frequent Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@Switch2007 wrote:

Better make it a Monster Cookie! Smiley Very Happy

myFICO starting TU 683 8/26/11
myFICO starting EQ 645 8/26/11
myFICO EQ 652 9/26
Message 47 of 51
Switch2007
Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@Switch2007 wrote:

I'm laughing out loud literally! I thought I'd but in and bring the thread back to the original question hehehe

And btw, a cookie would be AMAZING right now! Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 08/01/2009 584
Current Score: 08/01/2011 EQ 684 EX (Lender Pull) 702 TU 712
Goal Score: 780+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 48 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

@Switch2007 wrote:

I'd like a cookie too, please. Smiley Happy

Message 49 of 51
CS800
Super Contributor

Ok passing along ice cream mixed with crushed oreo cookie

Message 50 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.