Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom New Account Without HP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom New Account Without HP?

So I was approved for the new Chase Freedom Unlimited back in March and it was reported to the credit bureaus in May but my credit report isn't showing any new inquiries at this point. I do have a CSP in good standing, so is it possible that Chase didn't do a HP for my new account or does Chase sometimes show inquiries AFTER they report new accounts? Has anyone ever experienced this or something similar? Should I still be expecting the inquiry to show up sometime later? 

This hasn't happened for any of the other cards I've been approved for so I'm just curious. Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom New Account Without HP?

Generally inqs show up without any delay (so others pulling the same CRA can see them).   But I haven't heard of Chase not doing an inq, so either it is a glitch (as others are seeing on TU) or somehow you lucked out!

Message 2 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Which report are you looking at?

@Anonymous wrote:

or does Chase sometimes show inquiries AFTER they report new accounts?

Inquiries aren't reported.  They're recorded when your report is pulled.

Message 3 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I agree, I'd think if there was going to be one generated on your report, it would have shown up within a day or so at the latest.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I was approved for the new Chase Freedom Unlimited back in March and it was reported to the credit bureaus in May but my credit report isn't showing any new inquiries at this point. I do have a CSP in good standing, so is it possible that Chase didn't do a HP for my new account or does Chase sometimes show inquiries AFTER they report new accounts? Has anyone ever experienced this or something similar? Should I still be expecting the inquiry to show up sometime later? 

This hasn't happened for any of the other cards I've been approved for so I'm just curious. Thanks so much!

They always do a hardpull for a new account.  Have you checked all three reports?  It should be hidden in there somewhere...

Message 5 of 6
driftless
Valued Contributor

FWIW - my wife got her Freedom card without a HP. At the time she had a CSP a couple deposit accounts with Chase.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.