Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom - Pre-Approval

tag
jefftca925
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom - Pre-Approval

Congratulations on the approval!!  You'll enjoy the card.  The interest rate is higher on that card than some of their other cards because of the rewards program.  If you PIF it won't matter anyway.  Just watch your utilization on your cards and you'll be fine.  I have 3 Chase cards and none of them were touched during the CLD/Closure frenzy that's gone on.

And speaking of Macys, I opened an account at the store and was automatically approved for their Visa card without asking.  I use the store account (you have two with the card) all of the time as I LOVE Macys.  Check for their online coupons for extra discounts or you can even ask them when you shop if they have any additional discounts if you use the card.  Their sales staff are great that way. I've used the Visa account once just to give it some action but the APR is pretty high so it is definitely a PIF card.

Enjoy!

Message Edited by jefftca925 on 12-20-2009 08:57 AM
CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there Crediaddict,

I called to verify my instant approval with Best Buy and did not receive the dept card but the MC Reward Zone card for a CL of $300 with an AF of $75.00.  Unreal!!!  That is quite high for such a small credit line.  I was on the phone for 45 minutes and spoke with 6 different people and finally found out that I have an APR of 21.74%.  Should I call them to reconsider a higher credit line and lower APR?  Would anyone have a number or a backdoor number for BB?  I sincerely think it was not worth the credit inquiry.  :-(

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to know where is the web address to respond to a mail offer.

In chase Credit card website, there is not any link to apply online after receiving an offer by mail.

Anybody know the web address?

Thanks

Message 13 of 14
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd like to know where is the web address to respond to a mail offer.

In chase Credit card website, there is not any link to apply online after receiving an offer by mail.

Anybody know the web address?

Thanks

Look at the mailed offer. You need to follow the instructions found there for accepting.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.