tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Chase Freedom Q2 Categories

Credit to TPG (and TPG credits DoC) but Q2 5%/5 UR categories are:
Grocery stores (overlap w/ Discover)
PayPal
Chase Pay

Disappointed that no other mobile payment counts this quarter but PayPal should be good with buying discounted airline or other travel GCs.
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Q2 Categories

Well, looks like my sisters are buying groceries for the month of April and part of May since that's how long it'll take to get with how our household food spend is. Smiley Embarassed

Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet! Be using the wife's freedom & my discover (still in 1st year match) to power load Disney gift cards for next year's trip.
Message 3 of 33
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

So yeah I’ll get 5% on groceries in April. Since I might upgrade my BCE in May I’ll probably just PayPal a bunch of gas gift cards after that.
Message 4 of 33
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Bostonwrote:
Credit to TPG (and TPG credits DoC) but Q2 5%/5 UR categories are:
Grocery stores (overlap w/ Discover)
PayPal
Chase Pay

Disappointed that no other mobile payment counts this quarter but PayPal should be good with buying discounted airline or other travel GCs.

What is your experience with buying GCs at Paypal? I'm always concerned with buying GCs which can be tempered with, at Paypal. Or fraud....

Less problem with GCs at grocery and drug stores.

Message 5 of 33
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

The Apply iPay is much better than Chase Pay.

Message 6 of 33
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@BronzeTraderwrote:

The Apply iPay is much better than Chase Pay.

So is Google Pay for that matter. I don't know how people use Chase Pay.

Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

ChasePay is crap and aside from best buy & Starbucks I don't know anyone who accepts it.

Only used it once when chase offered 10x UR for using ChasePay at best buy to stock up on some smart bulbs. Even best buy seemed confused about how to use it, and they're supposedly a premier partner for it.
Message 8 of 33
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

The ShopRite takes it. The Freedom was running the 10% promotion up to $400. Some of the cashiers did not know about it.  No benefit with that since ShopRite is also the grocery store.  But I'll be using Chase Pay for double insurance. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BronzeTraderwrote:

The ShopRite takes it. The Freedom was running the 10% promotion up to $400. Some of the cashiers did not know about it.  No benefit with that since ShopRite is also the grocery store.  But I'll be using Chase Pay for double insurance. Smiley Happy

I got the 10% ordering from them online for a relative. Walmart.com takes Chase Pay as well, not sure if this will extend to Chase Pay online or POS only.

Paypal is a great category for me, especially with eBay gift cards!

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.