Chase Freedom Q4 Categories Announced

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Q4 Categories Announced

@imaximous wrote:

@digitek wrote:

Have to admit, these are some weak ass categories for this quarter.

I've not even looked at Chase Pay before, does anyone have any tips for making it useful like good retailers that accept it?

IF you have a Samsung phone, you can integrate Chase Pay with Samsung Pay, which would allow you to use Chase Pay basically anywhere you can swipe a card.

This is probably going to be the most profitable quarter for me with 2 Freedom cards. Between Costco and Chase Pay, I'll definitely max out the $3k in no time.

That hasn't been confirmed yet as far as I know. There are a few people on churning reddit that are willing to be datapoints once the categories go live to check.

Message 11 of 26
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

That would be huge for me if true because I use Samsung Pay almost everyday....
Message 12 of 26
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

@digitek wrote:

I've not even looked at Chase Pay before, does anyone have any tips for making it useful like good retailers that accept it?

IF you have a Samsung phone, you can integrate Chase Pay with Samsung Pay, which would allow you to use Chase Pay basically anywhere you can swipe a card.

This is probably going to be the most profitable quarter for me with 2 Freedom cards. Between Costco and Chase Pay, I'll definitely max out the $3k in no time.

That hasn't been confirmed yet as far as I know. There are a few people on churning reddit that are willing to be datapoints once the categories go live to check.

Oh, they don't think that using Chase Pay on Samsung Pay is going to trigger the 5% bonus? 

I don't see why not, but no big deal, I'll run a test with a small purchase to find out if it works. 

Message 13 of 26
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

@digitek wrote:

Oh, they don't think that using Chase Pay on Samsung Pay is going to trigger the 5% bonus? 

I don't see why not, but no big deal, I'll run a test with a small purchase to find out if it works. 

In theory it should work fine but in practice it hasn't been tried yet. I'm sure you won't be the only one trying when the new categories take into effect. I'm banking on it working as it should in getting the 5%.

Message 14 of 26
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Costco (and other warehouse clubs) as a bonus category?

I may make it to early November...

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 15 of 26
UncleB
Credit Mentor

How ironic that of all the cards I have, a Chase Freedom is the one card that I wish I had yet is out of reach (5/24).

If the Samsung Pay/Chase Pay integration works as expected that would be huge for me. 

Message 16 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Never/24 LOLWUTSmiley Wink 1ST World ProblemsSmiley Wink
Message 17 of 26
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

If there anything special you would have to do for the Samsung Pay to work?.. or is it as simple as just using ur Chase card through Samsung pay?
Message 18 of 26
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@MrDFinance wrote:
If there anything special you would have to do for the Samsung Pay to work?.. or is it as simple as just using ur Chase card through Samsung pay?

First, you have download the Chase Pay app, sign in and all that. Then, when you tap "Pay," you'll have the option to select, "Pay with Samsung Pay" or "Use a QR code." Obviously, you'd have to select the Freedom card from all your Chase cards.

Using a QR code has a very limited number of places where you can use Chase Pay. If you go with "Pay with Samsung Pay," you can use it almost anywhere you can swipe a credit card.

Now, I'm assuming that doing this will trigger the 5% bonus, but it may not if the transactions end up posting as Samsung Pay as the payment method and not Chase Pay. I'll definitely be testing with a small purchase before going crazy with it.

Message 19 of 26
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Thanks! .. Just Set that all up.....Smiley Happy... We'll see how it goes...
Never bothered setting up Chase Pay until now because of the acceptance .......
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.