cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Qtr 2 Bonus Points- NOT GETTING THEM ALL...?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Qtr 2 Bonus Points- NOT GETTING THEM ALL...?

I think the op gets it now
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The way they present it is indeed misleading. Intuitively, you would expect rewards be displayed as barclays does it, showing total points received (either 5x or 1x points), which agrees with the way they advertise it. However chase shows quarterly bonus rewards, which is 4x, in addition to the base. 

Customers don't care how the bank calculates base or bonus. We only care if the total rewards for an individual transaction is calculated correctly as advertised at the end of the day.

Message 12 of 15
LuckyBird
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I think the op gets it now

+99

Chase Sapphire Reserve $30,000 | Amex BCP $30,000 | Discover It $30,000 | Citi Simp $16,500 | NFCU Cash Rewards $14,400 | Citi DC $9,800 | Chase Freedom $9,000 | VS $4,100 | Kohl's $3,000 | Loft $3,000

EQ 823 ~ TU 817 ~ EXP 808 | ITG since 8/24/2016
Message 13 of 15
LuckyBird
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The way they present it is indeed misleading. Intuitively, you would expect rewards be displayed as barclays does it, showing total points received (either 5x or 1x points), which agrees with the way they advertise it. However chase shows quarterly bonus rewards, which is 4x, in addition to the base. 

Customers don't care how the bank calculates base or bonus. We only care if the total rewards for an individual transaction is calculated correctly as advertised at the end of the day.

Thank you.  I do think it could be presented a little more clearly in the way it's listed underneath the transaction.  That's where the original confusion came in.  But I've got it now.

Chase Sapphire Reserve $30,000 | Amex BCP $30,000 | Discover It $30,000 | Citi Simp $16,500 | NFCU Cash Rewards $14,400 | Citi DC $9,800 | Chase Freedom $9,000 | VS $4,100 | Kohl's $3,000 | Loft $3,000

EQ 823 ~ TU 817 ~ EXP 808 | ITG since 8/24/2016
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LuckyBird wrote:

Yes, just did a little more research (which I should've done before posting, lol) and it IS just a total of 5%.  The way they list it makes it look like it should be the 5% plus the regular 1%, though. 

Oh well.

It is a bit misleading.. It is 5%, but when I was looking at the breakdown on my account it seemed it was 1%+5%.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.