Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Question on CLI

tag
heathuhhhhwebbbb
New Contributor

Chase Freedom Question on CLI

Good morning everyone!  I had a question about my Chase Freedom.  I recently opened it (about a month ago) and have been using it regularly but paying if off every three days (since that's the grace period) since I want the points.  I also bank with Chase, and I'm sure they can (if they looked) could see that I also pay regularly on my Capital One card (PIF every week). 

My question is if the activity is how it is, how likely is it if I contact the backdoor number would they be willing to give me a CLI to match AT LEAST my $1500 limit on my Capital One so I can use Chase as my primary card?  Currently, I've been using the Capital One card since it has the higher limit.

My current limit is $1000 with Chase.

09/2013: TU FICO 692, EQ FICO 698, EX PLUS 709. No apps until December 2014!
Freedom: $1500 Cap1 Plat: $2000 Cap1 Cash: $1500 Barclays: $4000 Walmart: $2700 GE Luxury: $4800 Jared: $1500 Davids Bridal: $1500
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Question on CLI

@heathuhhhhwebbbb wrote:

Good morning everyone!  I had a question about my Chase Freedom.  I recently opened it (about a month ago) and have been using it regularly but paying if off every three days (since that's the grace period) since I want the points.  I also bank with Chase, and I'm sure they can (if they looked) could see that I also pay regularly on my Capital One card (PIF every week). 

My question is if the activity is how it is, how likely is it if I contact the backdoor number would they be willing to give me a CLI to match AT LEAST my $1500 limit on my Capital One so I can use Chase as my primary card?  Currently, I've been using the Capital One card since it has the higher limit.

ever read the TOS?  the grace period is NOT 3 days all new charges on the new statement is not charged interest =) 

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 8
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

I could be wrong, but I think there is only a certain number of days that you can RECON for a different limit after opening your card without it counting as a new inquiry.  With a month gone by, i'm assuming that that window is closed and that Chase will perform a hard check.  You might be better off waiting until the six month mark.

Message 3 of 8
distantarray
Established Contributor

with chase it's usually easier to ask for a new credit card and transfering the CL over to be honest they're pretty stingy after they issue you what they believe is a good CL

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 8
heathuhhhhwebbbb
New Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@heathuhhhhwebbbb wrote:

ever read the TOS?  the grace period is NOT 3 days all new charges on the new statement is not charged interest =) 

I meant period between payments.  Chase will not let you make a payment every day but only every three.  I use my credit cards as a debit card.  I use it, then pay them off.

Freedom: $1500 Cap1 Plat: $2000 Cap1 Cash: $1500 Barclays: $4000 Walmart: $2700 GE Luxury: $4800 Jared: $1500 Davids Bridal: $1500
Message 5 of 8
heathuhhhhwebbbb
New Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

I could be wrong, but I think there is only a certain number of days that you can RECON for a different limit after opening your card without it counting as a new inquiry.  With a month gone by, i'm assuming that that window is closed and that Chase will perform a hard check.  You might be better off waiting until the six month mark.

Aw bummmmer.  Smiley Sad  I guess I'll just wait it out.  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

@heathuhhhhwebbbb wrote:

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

Aw bummmmer.  Smiley Sad  I guess I'll just wait it out.  Smiley Happy

You could always try calling the backdoor number and explain your situation...just make sure to say that you don't want an inquiry.  At worst, they'll just tell you that they can't process anything without one.

Message 7 of 8
Epcot
Valued Contributor

It may be another HP, but you never know until you call and ask. Earlier this month I got approved for a Chase card, picked it up that afternoon and during my activation call I requested a CLI which was approved after them warning me of a HP. Now, weeks later, only the app HP showed up.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.