Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Recon

tag
AwwwYeee
Regular Contributor

Chase Freedom Recon

I've been banking with Chase for about 6-7 years now and while I was there the banker informed me I was pre-approved for a Chase Freedom card.  I kinda want to try my luck and just apply for it. I'm pretty sure I'll get denied cause I have like 8 inquiries on my CR. I know its different for everyone cause everyones CS and CR are different but if i were to recon what type of basic questions would they ask? If anyone who was reconed with Chase has any advice please help. Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Recon

In my recon phone call I had to explain the circumstances surrounding an old (6 yrs) collection account on CR and my UTL was a little higher than they would've liked but had a rational explanation for that also.  Try to sell yourself without sounding needy for credit.  Highlight things like a strong payment history over X # of years, your interest in building a broader financial relationship with Chase in addition to banking, etc ... In short, give them reasons to want to have you as a customer.  Those are things that worked for me, anyways.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 4
AwwwYeee
Regular Contributor

@Involver wrote:

In my recon phone call I had to explain the circumstances surrounding an old (6 yrs) collection account on CR and my UTL was a little higher than they would've liked but had a rational explanation for that also.  Try to sell yourself without sounding needy for credit.  Highlight things like a strong payment history over X # of years, your interest in building a broader financial relationship with Chase in addition to banking, etc ... In short, give them reasons to want to have you as a customer.  Those are things that worked for me, anyways.  Good luck!

Sweet! thanks for the advice.. Hopefully I'll be able to get approved!

Message 3 of 4
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Chase is really good w/ recons,  did you already pulled the trigger?  Banking w/ Chase would really help, too.  Let us know how it turns out, we're pulling for ya.  BTW, what's your profile like?

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.