Just got this email

Start using tap to pay and
check out faster!
Save some time in your busy life with your
contactless Chase Freedom® credit card.
Tap to pay three times for purchases
of $1.75 or more from June 27 to July 31, 2019,
and receive 500 Ultimate Rewards points.*

No enrollment is necessary — just tap, pay and go!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Tap to Pay for 500 URs offer

@delaney1 maybe I can use yours ... seems they forgot me Smiley Sad Got my new tap and pay in March.
Message 2 of 10
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

How does this tap to pay thing work anyway?

I've been at a POS with the symbol on it and tried just tapping the card on the surface, waving it around for a few seconds with no response on the screen. I usually only try this for a couple seconds before I just stick it in the chip reader slot to avoid looking stupid.

Message 3 of 10
delaney1
Established Contributor

Maybe try holding it on the screen until it beeps. There have been times when I’ve tapped and nothing happened, so I’d do it again, and hold it on the screen a few seconds longer. 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use Chase Contactless 3 times and get 500 UR's!

I got an email from Chase that if I tap to pay with my FU 3 times I will get 500 UR's! Not a bad little bonus!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this email for one of my Freedom cards (I have 2). I only get these little bonuses on the card I don't ever use 🤷🏽
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I got this email for one of my Freedom cards (I have 2). I only get these little bonuses on the card I don't ever use 🤷🏽

heck of way to reward loyalty. same to be the trend with all lenders. You bet I will stop using my 2nd cfu, and use less of my gold, hopefully that triggers something.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe that particluar POS doesn't support Tap & Pay. I never know either, Safeway seems to be the only place that ahs it locally. So i use my Gold card there.

Unfortunately my CSP doesn't have the Tap & Pay feature, but it would be nice to this offer if I did.

Maybe I should call them up and ask for one, though not sure if it's worth it for only one store. lol

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswhen I contacted Chase by telephone, they stated they planned on replacing all of their personal credit cards with Tap & Pay during 2019. Seems I read where people were able to contact them and get the new card(s). Memory is a little gray? Oh, I got the new Tap & Pay card and really like it (was a little apprehensive). Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Aw, I didn't get this offer on my FU Smiley Sad

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.