Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited Mailer

tag
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Chase Freedom Unlimited Mailer

DW received a pre-selected offer from Chase today. She is low 700s across the board. Problem is she is 8/24. No existing relationship.

Her report reflects 8/24, 5/12, 5/6. AAoA 14 months. AoOA 37 months.

If I removed her as AU on some of my newer accounts she could be 4/24, 3/12, 3/6. However, her AAoA would improve slightly.

We decided to pass. I, however am having second thoughts. The optimist in me says she will be able to get it in the future, probably with higher SL. The realist in me says, at full emplyment the Fed is considering rate cuts due to lack of liquidity in markets, better get in while the window is open.

I don't know why I have this thing for Chase, that 5/24 exclusivety thing is like a gravitational force.

I guess this post is just a cry for help. Please talk me off the ledge. The last thing I need is for her to have credit seeking behavior show on her reports.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited Mailer

FWIW, Chase tends to ignore AU accounts. If she's 4/24 on her own, she may be good to go. I would have DW take the mailer into a Chase branch and see if they can pre-qual her.

Message 2 of 8
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

I posted about AU and 5/24 when it first arrived and was told they do in deed count against 5/24.

I suspect your are right in AU's not being evaluated as to worthiness.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 3 of 8
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Did Chase tell you that? I find it odd that they'd count AU's as new accounts, but not consider them in lending criteria. I always figured they were either completely ignored or not?

You could remove her, but then you'd have to get the CRA's to remove the data as well.

Message 4 of 8
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

Did Chase tell you that? I find it odd that they'd count AU's as new accounts, but not consider them in lending criteria. I always figured they were either completely ignored or not?

You could remove her, but then you'd have to get the CRA's to remove the data as well.

No, that was info from the forum here.  Removing her and disputing, then applying is the consideration. She isn't comfortible with it, and I don't blame her. She has Disco, Citi and US Bank. Doesn't really need Chase. It's just my stupid hang up.

Message 5 of 8
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

If she doesn't want it, then c'est la vie. I'd let it go.
Message 6 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

AU accounts are included in 5/24

Chase may opt to disregard a single AU account, if that one account was the sole reason for denial. Chase can also approve with whatever/24, if they feel inclined to do so. 5/24 is a thing but they get to pick when and how to apply that rule. It gets very confusing because Chase is not really consistent with it. They denied me when I was well below 5/24, but approved for two cards when I was way over 5/24. 

If she has other products with Chase, a trip to the branch would probably help. If there is in branch preapproval, she is probably good to go. 

If it's generic mailer, I'd be very apprehensive 

With all that said, if that card really fits her spending and would be beneficial, it's just a HP (or two). 

If she has no other Chase products, it's not like they can close them because she applied 

Good luck with whatever you chose to do! 

Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, I would tend to agree with the above comment from @ChargedUp. If she's comfortable with the cards she has plus any others she's currently an AU on, just let sleeping dogs lie.

The offers will always be there depending on any ongoing promotions, so it's not like Chase is going to stop sending them to her.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.