Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited low starting limit

tag
Nan425
New Contributor

Chase Freedom Unlimited low starting limit

Today, I logged into my bank account online and noticed a green check mark with pre-approved offer for the FU, so I entered my income and hit submit. It was an instant approval, but for $500 limit. Bonus was for $300 credit if spend $500 within 3 months. My TU is 683 and EQ is 643. I did burn them 20 years ago when it was wamu. What are the chances of asking for increase on my starting limit without another pull? Is there a phone line for that type of request?
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited low starting limit

wrote:
Today, I logged into my bank account online and noticed a green check mark with pre-approved offer for the FU, so I entered my income and hit submit. It was an instant approval, but for $500 limit. Bonus was for $300 credit if spend $500 within 3 months. My TU is 683 and EQ is 643. I did burn them 20 years ago when it was wamu. What are the chances of asking for increase on my starting limit without another pull? Is there a phone line for that type of request?

The chances are ZERO of getting a CLI without a HP.

Be grateful they gave you what they did. Are those credit karma scores?

What is your Experian FICO score?

Message 2 of 16
Nan425
New Contributor

Those are fico scores. Ex is 660. I would ask for increase with hard pull if there is good chance of an increase. In April 2018, all of my baddies will fall of and hopefully jump my scores. Thinking, I should garden for now until next year when the collections fall off and the 30-day lates fall off.
Message 3 of 16
arkane
Established Contributor

Yes that would be a very good idea. Additionally, I've read that paying the card to 0 several times a month helps improve their internal score, so you may consider doing that as well if you have the means and patience.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 4 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

If Chase only gave you $500 they probably have their reasons. Just wait til your report improves build that history and then go for it in my hoSmiley Happy. Amazing bonus offerSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 16
arkane
Established Contributor

wrote:
If Chase only gave you $500 they probably have their reasons. Just wait til your report improves build that history and then go for it in my hoSmiley Happy. Amazing bonus offerSmiley Happy

dat autocorrect 😂😂😂

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Yes that would be a very good idea. Additionally, I've read that paying the card to 0 several times a month helps improve their internal score, so you may consider doing that as well if you have the means and patience.

That's what I have been doing. My first statement hasn't cut yet, but I'm hoping that increases my chances for a CLI. 

Message 7 of 16
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Be patient.  Use your $500 limit in a responsible manner and see what Chase does for you.  Don't ask them for a CLI for at least six months, maybe a year.  Meanwhile, get those scores up!

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Yeah, it would be helpful to provide your EX score too.

I burned WAMU too in the past and trust me they have that notes internally. Despite with a low SL, considered yourself lucky to even get prequalified for a Chase card.

I've never received any prequal from Chase ever. All my apps were cold apps and last time I requested a CLI I was asked about the WAMU account.

My Chase FU is a yr old now and recently converted to the regular Freedon and I can say it has grown to $3500 with 2 CLI request.

Message 9 of 16
Nan425
New Contributor

This is good to hear, that Chase could possibly up my limit if I treat them good. Thank you for the responses. I will garden until April 2019, when all my baddies fall off. That should increase the score significantly. I have a paid collections and 30-day layes holding my score down.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.