Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited low starting limit

tag
Nan425
New Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited low starting limit

So they pulled my Fico EQ. Dropped my score 2 points.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
So they pulled my Fico EQ. Dropped my score 2 points.

Any good news?

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nan425wrote:
Today, I logged into my bank account online and noticed a green check mark with pre-approved offer for the FU, so I entered my income and hit submit. It was an instant approval, but for $500 limit. Bonus was for $300 credit if spend $500 within 3 months. My TU is 683 and EQ is 643. I did burn them 20 years ago when it was wamu. What are the chances of asking for increase on my starting limit without another pull? Is there a phone line for that type of request?

I definitely agree with others talking about internal scoring. I called in be cause an analyst said I was approved for 3k on my recent CFU but my portal showed 2k. The analyst said that the previous analyst must have misspoke. Thier system only apprived 2k. So CLI isnt likely in the cards for you. Ive seen some not many get them after account opening. Chase seems to be pretty strict on inital balances.

Ive only had Chase since 11/29/17 and these arent hard data points but they do like to see multiple payments a month. In my case I would make two payments every week. First payment was 50% of my current ouststanding balance. Then after that payment would post I would immediately pay another 50% of the  new balanced owed. In the middle of dec and jan either wk 2 or wk 3 of those months I would also hit them with one large payment. Usually an amount between $200-$500. I plan on doing it again in week 3 of Feb. All with just my chase freedom.

Again this is just my experience with Chase, but I would assume thier intenal scoring would pull more A LOT weight once you have the card. I say this because in the first week of this Feb Chase offered and approved me for the CFU (previously mentioned) and CSP. Thus pushing me past their own 5/24 Rule. They are still offering me the SLATE card until 3/16. Ive only had the freedom with them for 2.5 months as of this post.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goooooddddddd luck! The CFU was one of the first cards I got over two years ago. 15 Cards later with an average limit of $10k, and 750 FICO scores across the board, I’m still sitting at $500!!! 😂 Denied twice for cli’s, never burned them. I’m going to give it to my 16 year old.
Message 14 of 16
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

Oh my I got approved for the slate and changed products for the CFU I know due to my previous credit issues and few years ago they only gave me 500 which is okay. I’m paying down my balances and I know partly is due ton my savings with them I’ve been banking with them 11 years 😊 first card with them so I’ll see how it goes at the end of the day I know paying it off before the month ends is the way to go with any card and that’s my goal now not paying any more interest

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!

Use it a lot and PIF. They will raise your limit. Chase gave me a Slate with a $500 limit and after about 6 months they had raised it to 3k. In total they gave me 5 auto CLIs last year across four different cards, so it is possible.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.