cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited or Amazon Visa?

_ptatohed
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited or Amazon Visa?

My Chase Amazon physical card is filed away too but I had to dig it out when it had an extra 10% on gas last year!  

https://www.chase.com/mybonus   

5% CB rotating: ; Everyday 3% CB: ; Everyday 5%: ; Retired to sock drawer after AOD: ; On my radar: ; No hope:
Message 11 of 13
nytokyobred79
Established Contributor

@TimFlorida wrote:

I got both those cards at different times in my credit journey.  I never cracked 5k limit with the Unlimited.  My Chase Amazon Prime was close to 10k SL and I moved CL from another Chase card to get it to 10k.  I don't know if the Unlimited is a Signature card if you have a higher CL or not,  but my Prime card is a Visa Signature and is a Flexible Spending Limit card.  It has no FTF.  The Prime card seems to me to be a higher-end card but I'm open to others telling me why it isn't.  This is not taking UR system into account.

The CFU can be a signature depending on the cli at that time. When I got the CFU, it was approved as Signature due to the sl being over 10K. So yes, it's very possible to get that as a VISA Signature. . 

Rebuild Started in 2019
Total Revolving CL- $185,000 | Opened Cards
Delta SkyMiles Platinum- SL-$1K | CL- $13.5K
(pc'd from SkyMiles Blue)
Delta SkyMiles Reserve- SL- $10K | CL- $26K
Chase Sapphire Reserve- SL $20K | CL- $29K
Cap 1 Venture Rewards- SL $10K | CL $ 15K
Amex Everyday Preferred- SL $13.1K
Chase Freedom Unlimited: SL $23.4K | CL $46.8K
BoFA Unlimited Cash SL: $20.8K
BoFA Travel Rewards SL: $20.8K
Inquiries: EX 7 | TU 2 | EQ 1
Fico 8 EX 729, TU 732 EQ 790
* I went about 20 years without credit cards bc I had ruined my financial health back in 99 as a junior in college. Never thought a creditor would touch me again but somehow I had the courage to apply for a card in 2019 when I turned 40. More mature and with much better financial literacy, things changed for the better.
Message 12 of 13
CreditMarathoner
Regular Contributor

I have both the Amazon and the CFU (and a CSP).  Both are great cards.  There's no annual fee on either so there's no harm in just keeping them.  If it's wallet space you're concerned about, take the Amazon card out and stick it in your sock drawer and just use it on Amazon.

If you don't use Amazon Prime or shop at Whole Foods, it might not be as worthwhile to keep the Amazon card.

CFU and CFF are nice when paired with a CSP or CSR so you can get increased value for the UR points for travel.  Amazon is strictly a cash back card.  You can get higher rewards elsewhere if you're looking for a non-category based cashback card.

If you're dead set on closing one, pick which one gives you the best value/rewards for your spend and keep that one, and close the other.  Or close both and get something else.  Up to you.

Open Tradelines: 4 Revolvers, 1 Mortgage / Garden Start Date: 10/1/2021 / Garden Goal: don't have one right now
TCL: $26,500 / AAoA: 8y6m / AoYA: 1y5m / Inqs: 1EX 0TU 1EQ / FICO8 Feb 2023: 848(TU) 843(EX)
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.