Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Visa Signature confusion

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature confusion

Yeah, I didn't think the Amazon Visa could be a siggy...

well, the very nice CSR said that the main difference with the Siggy is that the  'hard limit is more flexible'.... she also said that 'you could go over your limit'..... since when is that  a good thing?

Per the CARD Act, it is a legal requirement that credit card companies report limits...

either way, I'm happy with my 5k, and will attempt to upgrade in the future :-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 29
flowfaster
Established Contributor

BS! I know people with the Amazon Sig.  Try sending a secure message or calling the executive office.

@webhopper wrote:
I called the number listed as product change and the gentleman who answered said that a visa sig is not offered for the amazon card

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 12 of 29
greeneman21
Contributor

they do have a sig, am I able to include the link or a screenshot?

Wallet: NFCU CashRewards 35k-- USAA AMEX 28k-- USAA World MC 22k-- Discover IT 17.5k--Chase Freedom 23.5k-- NFCU NavCheck 15k
Message 13 of 29
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@greeneman21 wrote:

they do have a sig, am I able to include the link or a screenshot?

Link yes, provided it isn't a referral link where you or someone else would profit. Screenshots are OK provided they are from the CCC, as opposed to a pic of your own. Self-shot CCpics will be zapped. 

Message 14 of 29
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I believe you guys. The gentleman I spoke with was not a native speaker of the English language. Perhaps he was misinformed. I seem to have a lot of success using the secure message center; I will try that tomorrow.

My chase online account is actually a business one; where I used to loving to see business checking; personal checking; and my old auto loan. The auto was paid off and I switched banks due to the move but it seems that I get very good customer service as my messages go to those who handle mostly business accounts
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 15 of 29
compassion101
Established Contributor

What are the practical benefits of having a signature card as opposed to a regular card?

Message 16 of 29
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Well, I checked the Visa Siggy website... the  most valuable feature imo is the concierge service provided by Visa Signature.. They also have great discounts on higher end stores/trips,etc.

One thing I noticed.... with the Signature, you can get free wine tastings at like every vineyard in CALI, like Napa Valley, Sonoma County, etc.

That sounds like a trip I want to take just for the free wine!

and if I add an AU to the Siggy, they get free wine tastings too! haha!

:-)

But yeah, there's a whole website dedicated to the offerings of any Visa Signature... I think the benefits are mostly provided by Visa.. I guess the bank just handles the extension of credit?

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 17 of 29
laboi_22
Established Contributor

I enjoy Visa Signature. You also don't have to worry about going over your credit line as long as you pay any overages in full by the due date on the statement. It has flexible spending options and you don't worry about any overages or fees sort of like an AMEX charge. Also I love the Sonoma discounts. We are going to wine country this November and I cant wait to use my card to get free wine tastings and private tasting bookings!!

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 18 of 29
compassion101
Established Contributor

... I think the benefits are mostly provided by Visa.. I guess the bank just handles the extension of credit?

I wonder if Visa takes a higher piece of the interchange fee or assessment? They gotta do something in order to provide those additional services.

I'm with you 100% on the wine!

Message 19 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Visa siggys charge a higher transaction fee to the merchant afaik
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.