Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom World - Product trade

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom World - Product trade

Chase does mention the no preset spending limit in their initial disclosures, but you're right - it's generally in the small print that spells out rate and fee rules, whether or not you'll even get a card, benefits details, and any applicable rewards programs.

I recently traded my existing basic Freedom World MC to the Plus, keeping the same exact pricing terms (fixed 10%, which appears to be a mid-range APR), rewards choice (points), and benefits. Although these options were open to me, a transfer of association (MC --> Visa) or tier (World/Signature --> Platinum or vice versa) would have changed the pricing structure to their current advertised minimums (15% variable). Unfortunately, despite the asking for anyway, Chase wouldn't bend on either a waive of the $30 Plus program annual fee or the 10,000 bonus points that comes with new accounts. This trade move works for me because I prefer to let the bills cough up rewards for me - pay them off with the card, then I simply pay off the card. Also, the removal of rewards caps and expiration is helpful; the trick now is to see if the points are diminished because of purchase category misclassification by merchants. On the surface, I expect the $30 fee to be well-offset by the volume of transactions I put on the card, but if not, then I'll transfer it back down to the basic Freedom rewards program.

The Chase Free Cash Visa is an interesting spin on rewards cards, though, having $1 of interest equate to 1 point. This is the first card I've read about that is targeted for those who revolve high balances (and naturally it encourages them to continue doing so).
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom World - Product trade

jackelope wrote:

The Chase Free Cash Visa is an interesting spin on rewards cards, though, having $1 of interest equate to 1 point. This is the first card I've read about that is targeted for those who revolve high balances (and naturally it encourages them to continue doing so).

Bank of America's Money Return Platinum Plus card is aimed at individuals who carry balances. 

From their website:

• Earn cash back automatically on your annual interest charges
  • Receive a 10% interest charge rebate check every January

• Message 12 of 12
    Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.