Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom World - Product trade

tag
Dawn
Established Contributor

Chase Freedom World - Product trade

I gave up on Chase and the CRAs getting my Chase Freedom Cash World MC to report in a way that was beneficial instead of detrimental to me.  I left DH's card alone, as the newly reported CL is hanging around and was used in revolving utilization on the last report I saw. But, for some reason they either never got my CL reported, or it didn't "stick." Smiley Sad

I arranged a "product trade" from the World card to the Platinum version.  How long should I wait before I order a 3-in-1 report to see how the limit issue is working out?  Do they generallly report the "new" card right away?

I haven't decided on a 3-in-1 report yet, as one example I looked at the other day combined the High Balance / Credit Limit field and the example only listed one number in that field.  I would like something that will show both fields.  Does it exist?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom World - Product trade

Dawn,
was this a signature card?
Message 2 of 12
Dawn
Established Contributor

World MC is the brother/sister of the Visa Signature ... so same song, second verse. Smiley Happy

Both are "no preset spending limit" cards.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I just changed mine to a non-signature for the fear that I would have the same problems.
Message 4 of 12
Dawn
Established Contributor

so_confused wrote:
Yeah I just changed mine to a non-signature for the fear that I would have the same problems.

I noticed in one of your other posts that you referenced a $30 annual fee for the rewards program.  Where did you get that information?  As far as I know, my World card didn't have such a fee, and I was not informed that the Platinum card would.  Is that aspect of MC vs VISA different?
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure weather the difference is Visa or MC. I was informed of this by the CSR at Chase this AM when I made the change. I didn't know until she told be also!
Message 6 of 12
Dawn
Established Contributor

Do you know the name of the card they moved you to? 

My new one showed up with Chase Online today and I had to ask what it was because they had told me that I would not get a new account number and I was surprised to see two cards there. The name of my new one is Chase Freedom Dynamic Cash Platinum MasterCard.  Now ... that's a mouthful! Smiley Wink

I wonder if they moved you to a totally different card and you had to add Freedom Rewards to it?  Did they do a "product trade" or treat it as a new application for a new card? 

The CSR that was helping me initially thought she had to do a new application for a different product because she didn't realize that there were two levels of the Freedom Card ... World and Platinum.  It looks like the same should be true for VISA ... there should be a Signature and Platinum.

There's a Chase Freedom Plus Visa that has a $30 Rewards fee that is waived the first year.  Is it possible that is what they moved you to?

Message Edited by Dawn on 02-19-2008 02:14 PM
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a Freedom Cash/Rewards Signatue Visa...to a Freedom Cash/Rewards Non-Signature Visa. same card without the (no preset spending limit option and the rate is 2% lower.)
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Freedom Plus is still a Signature Card...That is the issue I think that causes all the reporting problems...because no pre-set spending limits.
Message 9 of 12
Dawn
Established Contributor

Man ... they need to identify their cards better and market them as No PreSet Spending Limit cards so the unsuspecting (like me) don't apply for and accept one of them without understanding what they are getting into. 

After you drew my attention to it, I did notice that the Freedom Plus card offers both a "signature" version and a "platinum" (non-signature) version.  If I had known then what I know now, I would have specifically asked for the to NOT have the No PreSet Spending Limit version of our cards when we applied.  Gee ... without the edit ... that didn't make any sense! 

Well ... back to trying to find examples of 3-in-1 reports so I can more easily follow up on the new reporting.  Smiley Surprised

Message Edited by Dawn on 02-19-2008 08:47 PM
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.