Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom and Chase Amazon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom and Chase Amazon

In general terms is the Chase Amazon more difficult to land than the Freedom?  And if a guy had a good, but short history with Freedom card, would that be enough to qualify?

Not on the Prequal list.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom and Chase Amazon

Why do you want this card? The Sallie Mae is much better for Amazon spend
Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Why do you want this card? The Sallie Mae is much better for Amazon spend

Agreed. I just closed mine when I got the Salliemae.  APR on the Chase Amazon suxxs too..

Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I do spend a lot on Amazon, but it has 2% on gas right? (the chase)

And ain't Sallie Mae the guys that do student loans???  So I was thinkin the SM was for students or recent students?  I am kinda new around here sooo I dunno.

Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sallie Mae gets 5% on gas. Unless you spend more than $250 a month on gas then this card is the winner
Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes.. And 1% on all others.  There are other cards out there offering higher percentage for the fuel. But if the Chase Amazon is a must have for you then by all means, app. away.

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

well not a must have, I'm just looking for most bang for the hard pull.  I'm open for suggestions.

I thought it was pretty good cause I shop amazon ALOT, and I ride ALOT, so I was looking for cards that worked best in that catergory.

Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sallie Mae is your best bet.
Message 8 of 31
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I have Amazon mainly because I've never been able to get Sallie Mae and even for a while I could never get Amazon either. Apparently it comes with cashback at drugstores too. If I ever do get a Sallie Mae one day, I'm immediately consolidating my Chase Amazon with my AARP or Ritz.

If you can get approved, Sallie Mae MC all the way. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

well not a must have, I'm just looking for most bang for the hard pull.  I'm open for suggestions.

I thought it was pretty good cause I shop amazon ALOT, and I ride ALOT, so I was looking for cards that worked best in that catergory.

Depending on how many hardpulls you want, Sallie baby gets the rose for Amazon shopping.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.