Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom and Friends Issues of Rejection

tag
chaimanmau
Valued Member

Chase Freedom and Friends Issues of Rejection

Hello,

I just pulled the trigger on the Chase Freedom yesterday (and a couple others) and got the pending approval notice on the screen.  I called the backdoor number today, 8882450625 and spoke to a gentleman that was helpful but very blunt.  I was declined.  I apparently have 2 collections that are currently reporting (CO's from 2005) and 2 that have not been reporting but are still showing (HSBC and CapOne).  Aside from that everything seemed to be in order, UTIL at 37% (and he himself said the collections were hurting that score), and goodies on all current accounts.  Current FICO through EX is 620.

I am currently on the phone with BofA (8007329194) and it seems as though I have also been declined for the BankAmericard Visa.  I tried asking the rep what the reasons were and he declined to engage, I also asked him if he could PC that to a Secured Card and he still said to wait for the letter in the mail.  Anyone with recent BofA success?

AMEX was just a shot at the moon.  Declined off the bat.

BestBuy RewardZone MC approved me for $500. -- The only success I've had after gardening for 6 months.

My question is should I pursue calling them again and try to get connected to someone else?  I am showing some pretty good success stories here, and was hoping I could be one of them! Smiley Sad The feelings of rejection are quite great and I loathe.

Looking forward to any kind of insight you would be able to provide.

My wallet is thin but I have other stuff in my pants

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom and Friends Issues of Rejection

Are the CO´s paid? Can you GW them?

With the CO reporting this will be a tough game. I guess only time can heal that.

Also 37% Util may be a little high. Below 30% would be better, below 10 the best ...

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 2 of 16
RonDawg
Contributor

@chaimanmau wrote:

Hello,

I just pulled the trigger on the Chase Freedom yesterday (and a couple others) and got the pending approval notice on the screen.  I called the backdoor number today, 8882450625 and spoke to a gentleman that was helpful but very blunt.  I was declined.  I apparently have 2 collections that are currently reporting (CO's from 2005) and 2 that have not been reporting but are still showing (HSBC and CapOne).  Aside from that everything seemed to be in order, UTIL at 37% (and he himself said the collections were hurting that score), and goodies on all current accounts.  Current FICO through EX is 620.

I am currently on the phone with BofA (8007329194) and it seems as though I have also been declined for the BankAmericard Visa.  I tried asking the rep what the reasons were and he declined to engage, I also asked him if he could PC that to a Secured Card and he still said to wait for the letter in the mail.  Anyone with recent BofA success?

BestBuy RewardZone MC approved me for $500. -- The only success I've had after gardening for 6 months.

My question is should I pursue calling them again and try to get connected to someone else?  I am showing some pretty good success stories here, and was hoping I could be one of them! Smiley Sad The feelings of rejection are quite great and I loathe.

you say you have 2 accounts reporting CO since 2005? I would pull all my credit reports and dispute the CO's as they should have dropped off by now. CO's should only be on your CRs for 7 years.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 3 of 16
resilient
Established Contributor

Nothing for the group, but OP's signature is awesome!

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 4 of 16
distantarray
Established Contributor

@RonDawg wrote:

@chaimanmau wrote:

Hello,

you say you have 2 accounts reporting CO since 2005? I would pull all my credit reports and dispute the CO's as they should have dropped off by now. CO's should only be on your CRs for 7 years.

This..... 2005 charge offs should be removed i would send disputes to all credit reporting agencies that these items are obsolete then try to recon after

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 5 of 16
chaimanmau
Valued Member

The CO's were not paid for and were forwarded to CA's.. which are still showing current.  I was thinking of sending them DV's since since I am on the cusp of the CRTP but am reluctant as that might do more harm than good.

DOFD on the OC is in and around mid-late 2006.  

Should I wait or send a DV to all of them?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 16
distantarray
Established Contributor

@chaimanmau wrote:

The CO's were not paid for and were forwarded to CA's.. which are still showing current.  I was thinking of sending them DV's since since I am on the cusp of the CRTP but am reluctant as that might do more harm than good.

Thanks.

just make sure it's out of statues of limitations then if so fire away goodwills and with conunction of DV's. if your in NY you can just file a complaint to get it removed if you settle on the bill for little as possible and dispute it as obsolete under NY FCRA paid collections are deleted in 5 years not 7

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 7 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Dispute, dispute, DISPUTE. It is the debt collectors responsibility to provide DV. And in some states, they must provide the debtor (you) with the method of verification. Chances are, if a debt has been passed through several agencies, they barely have any info on you.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 16
adavis425
Established Contributor

@resilient wrote:

Nothing for the group, but OP's signature is awesome!

+1 Smiley Happy

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 9 of 16
chaimanmau
Valued Member

@distantarray wrote:

@chaimanmau wrote:

Thanks.

just make sure it's out of statues of limitations then if so fire away goodwills and with conunction of DV's. if your in NY you can just file a complaint to get it removed if you settle on the bill for little as possible and dispute it as obsolete under NY FCRA paid collections are deleted in 5 years not 7

I'm in CA. My last Experian report shows these accounts staying current until next May-Nov of next year but are well beyond the SOL ( CA SOL is 4 years, CRTP is 7).  Should I wait until the dates listed on the CR to send out DV's/GW letters or can I get the process started now?

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.