Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom and Friends Issues of Rejection

tag
chaimanmau
Valued Member

Re: Chase Freedom and Friends Issues of Rejection

@adavis425 wrote:

@resilient wrote:

Nothing for the group, but OP's signature is awesome!

+1 Smiley Happy

Haha! Right on!

My wallet is thin but I have other stuff in my pants

Message 11 of 16
chaimanmau
Valued Member

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Dispute, dispute, DISPUTE. It is the debt collectors responsibility to provide DV. And in some states, they must provide the debtor (you) with the method of verification. Chances are, if a debt has been passed through several agencies, they barely have any info on you.

Dispute with each CRA?  Like I mentioned, the in my last reply:

I'm in CA. My last Experian report shows these accounts staying current until next May-Nov of next year but are well beyond the SOL ( CA SOL is 4 years, CRTP is 7).  Should I wait until the dates listed on the CR to send out DV's/GW letters or can I get the process started now?  This is all new to me.. I'm starting to take control of all the mistakes from when I was young and am attempting to rectify them.

Is there like a how-to on all this?  I've done a fair share of searching.. hence, I am somewhat versed with the process involved but would appreciate more instruction... Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 16
RonDawg
Contributor

@chaimanmau wrote:

The CO's were not paid for and were forwarded to CA's.. which are still showing current.  I was thinking of sending them DV's since since I am on the cusp of the CRTP but am reluctant as that might do more harm than good.

DOFD on the OC is in and around mid-late 2006.  

Should I wait or send a DV to all of them?

Thanks.

As long as you have not made any payments on these CO's from the time of Charge Off then you can have them removed from your CRs but if you have made any payments at all the Statued of limitations starts over from the time of the last payment. The laws are crazy.  But dispute them anyways. Its the best way to have them removed.  The CAs are jerks they like to keep reporting as current debt just because if you are not informed then you keep being punished but this is not law and if you dispute it then they need to remove it.  If they fight you and refuse to remove it then seek legal advice. Most CA's don't want to fight the law as it could cause them to lose their license.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 13 of 16
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@chaimanmau wrote:

Dispute, dispute, DISPUTE. It is the debt collectors responsibility to provide DV. And in some states, they must provide the debtor (you) with the method of verification. Chances are, if a debt has been passed through several agencies, they barely have any info on you.

I'm in CA. My last Experian report shows these accounts staying current until next May-Nov of next year but are well beyond the SOL ( CA SOL is 4 years, CRTP is 7).  Should I wait until the dates listed on the CR to send out DV's/GW letters or can I get the process started now?  This is all new to me.. I'm starting to take control of all the mistakes from when I was young and am attempting to rectify them.

Is there like a how-to on all this?  I've done a fair share of searching.. hence, I am somewhat versed with the process involved but would appreciate more instruction... Smiley Happy

Start a thread in the rebuilding section and we will help you.  

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 14 of 16
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@chaimanmau wrote:

@adavis425 wrote:

@resilient wrote:

Nothing for the group, but OP's signature is awesome!

+1 Smiley Happy

Haha! Right on!

+1000

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 15 of 16
chaimanmau
Valued Member

@rootpooty wrote:

@chaimanmau wrote:

Start a thread in the rebuilding section and we will help you.  

I just did! Smiley Happy Thanks so much!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.