Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom app is killing me

tag
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Chase Freedom app is killing me

I called the recon line after getting a 30 day message when I applied online. They said I needed a copy of my license faxed to them so I sent it a week ago. I blew it up on the copier so it would be clearer. Now a week later I called again and they said its not clear enough. Please resend it. I hope they approve me. After jumping through weeks of hoops I am going to be angry if it is all for nothing. Has anyone else had to deal with this?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase Freedom app is killing me

Not be personally ( already had a loan with them) but others have posted about sending documents. They had indicated a much longer turn around time for the paperwork to be processed. I don't think you have anything to worry about- I assume you are faxing it on the photo setting.

Good luck!
Message 2 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Never had a issue myself, but fingers crossed for you!!!

Chase freedom is an awesome prime card!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 12
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Not be personally ( already had a loan with them) but others have posted about sending documents. They had indicated a much longer turn around time for the paperwork to be processed. I don't think you have anything to worry about- I assume you are faxing it on the photo setting.

Good luck!
Ok I refax on the photo setting (it wasn't before) Thanks!

Message 4 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 12
boomhower
Valued Contributor

If you have a local branch you may try doing it in person.  Good luck!

Message 6 of 12
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Good luck!
Ok I refax on the photo setting (it wasn't before) Thanks!

Message 7 of 12
enharu
Super Contributor

It just takes time Smiley Tongue you are fine. You can drop by a branch as well to see if its gonna help
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 12
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Licenses are hard to get good resolution on. Chase wanted my SS number and proof of address so I sent them my insurance card.

When I faxed over my DL for my mortgage app earlier this year, I sent it twice and the lender still couldn't read it so my Loan officer told me to take a picture of it with my camera phone...worked like a charm. Hopefully, the photo setting does the trick.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 9 of 12
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

If you have a local branch you may try doing it in person.  Good luck!

Unfortunately there are no Chase Branches anywhere near me. I live on Cape Cod, Ma. I'm in the state of DCU but not much Chase action here. I put my info into the Chase branch locator website and it recommended I got the branch in the Hamptons or Montauck Pt. I have a speed boat but its only a 19 footer. It isn't going to make it to Long Island and the Drive is like 10 hours from here so I guess I'm sticking with the fax machine lol.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.