Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom approved

tag
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom approved

Doesnt having too many new accounts scare your current lenders upon applying? Causing them to close your accounts and or lower limits?

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 11 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Some are bothered (see "Barclays" Smiley Very Happy); others are not.

I'd strongly recommend that anyone on an extended app spree make all their accounts but one report $0 so that the other lenders won't think that you're running up bills that you have no intention of paying.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 14
Gladtobehere
Established Member

Hi Mindacid, I see that in a year you have drastically improved your credit score. Can you tell me the cards you have applied for? I recently was approved for a Capital One with $1000 CL, but I need at least two more. Thanks and good luck on your 760 goal, your almost there. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 14
johnnie198x
Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

@johnnie198x wrote:

Hi OP, I know you mentioned the card would report limit, but could you confirm that after having the card for a few months? Thanks.

If you're asking about the Chase Freedom Visa,  since the first month it has always reported the limit for us, on both reports Primary and AU's.  Are you thinking of the Freedom Signature Visa? That may not report the credit limit as I think it's considered a flexible limit card (like BankAmericard Plat Signature Visa, it only reports "flexible" or "blank" in the CL line).

From all I've read, when anyone's mentioned it reporting the CL, Chase Freedom Visa (NON Signature) always reported their CL for them.

No, my card is non-signature (I asked via online banking message), but it comes with rental car collision damage waiver. EQ scorewatch gave me an alert of new account:

Date Opened:09/01/11
Date Reported:10/01/11
Credit Limit:N/A
Balance: $2,483
Comments:Credit card , Amount in H/C column is credit limit

Has anyone else been in this situation?

AmEx Blue Cash Everyday - $1,100 - need CLI or will close
BankAmerica Cash Rewards - $10,000
Chase Freedom - $10,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5,000
Chase Ink Bold - $5,000
Citi Platinum Select - $2,600
Discover More - $4,000
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.