Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom approved

tag
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Chase Freedom approved

10 months ago, I applied for the Chase Freedom and was rejected with a score of 764 EQ Fico for some petty reasons (short history, low usage of cards etc.). I only had 3.5 years AAoA then and would usually just pay before the statement cut, hence the small to nonexistent balances on my cards. I was mad at Chase. However, I kept thinking about the Freedom and its value as a seasonal 5% rewards card. It's definitely not the worst card out there.

Today, I pulled the trigger and reapplied (same portfolio, enriched by three new accounts that are now approx. 1 year old but altogether higher scores). I was a bit nervous even though my EQ Fico score is now in the 780s. I am happy to report that I was instantly approved online. When I called in, the rep said that my card with a limit of $7000 will be a Visa Platinum. This is even better news as it will report the limit correctly to the bureaus.

Also, when I signed up I could find a deal for $150 cashback when you spend $500 on the card in the first three months. Most offers only said $100 but this one was $150. That's also good news.

Together with my other cashback cards, Discover More, Amex Blue Cash Everyday, and BoA 2% cashback Visa, this shall be the final card in my portfolio unless someone puts out another atractive card. I've got six CCs now. I don't think I want to manage more.

Just thought I share the good news.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom approved

Awesome and congrats!

Great in what you are doing to manage your credit.

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 2 of 14
ontop
Regular Contributor

Congrats Smiley Wink

It's always nice to hear the word "approved".

Starting Score: 547
Current FICO Score: TU 747, EQ 732, EX 742 [10/2014]
Goal FICO Score: 777
Message 3 of 14
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

What was your UTIL % at the time of apped?

What CR did Chase pulled and how many inquiries did you have at the time?

Congrats !!

Welcome to the Chase Freedom family !!

Message 4 of 14
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Util between 1and 2%. I don't know what they pulled. I am currently not paying for reports. I'll find out with my free annual reports in a bit.

I have 2 inquiries on each of the three report that are about 10 or 11 months old. I guess they only look for inquiries less than six months.

Message 5 of 14
mindacid
Valued Member

Congratulations on your approval.  I also got approved for the Chase Freedom about three weeks ago.  I got a CL of $5,000,   It's interesting that they didn't approve you initially with a 764 score.  Just goes to show that it tends to be about the big picture rather than just scores.

I'm curious about the BofA card you mention with 2% rewards.  Which card is it?  A couple of months ago I got a Bankamerica Cash Rewards visa paying 1% (well, promotional 3% on groceries/gas/pharmacy for initial six months).  Maybe I can PC to what you have.

Message 6 of 14
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

@mindacid wrote:

I'm curious about the BofA card you mention with 2% rewards.  Which card is it?  A couple of months ago I got a Bankamerica Cash Rewards visa paying 1% (well, promotional 3% on groceries/gas/pharmacy for initial six months).  Maybe I can PC to what you have.

This was a mail solicitation offer only. It strictly pays  2% on everything which turns into 2.5% when you redeem at the $300 level. It's not available on their website. This might be a test run for a new program, though. I pay a lot of expenses with this card (insurance bills etc.). It's awesome and I hope they put it up on their website one day.

Message 7 of 14
mindacid
Valued Member

wollepopolle:  Thanks a lot for the reply.  I'll keep an eye out for that BofA solicitation.  Maybe I'll get it too.  Congrats again on the approval and the great CL.

For anyone else who is keeping track of Chase Freedom approvals, I got approved with a $5,000 CL in May 2011 with an EQ Fico of 715, about 15% util and 13 inquiries (yes, 13!).   This is now my highest CL (until then my highest CL was BofA at $1,500).   I applied at chase.com and received a message that I'd get a response in about 2 weeks.  I then received a letter about 2 weeks later asking me to call in to confirm my info.  I called and confirmed my address, employer, salary and amount of my rent and was approved.  Took about 5 minutes.  No pull when I initially applied online but they pulled EX (and EX only) when I called in to confirm my info.  I'm in California.  Good luck to all with your apps.

Message 8 of 14
johnnie198x
Contributor

Hi OP, I know you mentioned the card would report limit, but could you confirm that after having the card for a few months? Thanks.

AmEx Blue Cash Everyday - $1,100 - need CLI or will close
BankAmerica Cash Rewards - $10,000
Chase Freedom - $10,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5,000
Chase Ink Bold - $5,000
Citi Platinum Select - $2,600
Discover More - $4,000
Message 9 of 14
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@johnnie198x wrote:

Hi OP, I know you mentioned the card would report limit, but could you confirm that after having the card for a few months? Thanks.

If you're asking about the Chase Freedom Visa,  since the first month it has always reported the limit for us, on both reports Primary and AU's.  Are you thinking of the Freedom Signature Visa? That may not report the credit limit as I think it's considered a flexible limit card (like BankAmericard Plat Signature Visa, it only reports "flexible" or "blank" in the CL line).

From all I've read, when anyone's mentioned it reporting the CL, Chase Freedom Visa (NON Signature) always reported their CL for them.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.