Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom auto CLI's???

tag
RW771
Frequent Contributor

Chase Freedom auto CLI's???

Hi all,

I got my Chase Freedom (3K limit) back in March. I have some other cards that have higher limits so i'm hoping that Chase will give me a CLI sometime soon. This is the first card I've ever had with Chase and I use it and pay it down regularly , so I'm not familiar with how they work or if they're good about giving auto CLI's or you have to request them.

Anyone know?

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom auto CLI's???

I think chase freedom cli are few and far between. I haven't heard of any actually

Message 2 of 10
amac373
Established Member

@RW771 wrote:

Hi all,

I got my Chase Freedom (3K limit) back in March. I have some other cards that have higher limits so i'm hoping that Chase will give me a CLI sometime soon. This is the first card I've ever had with Chase and I use it and pay it down regularly , so I'm not familiar with how they work or if they're good about giving auto CLI's or you have to request them.

Anyone know?

Yeah I am in the same boat as you. I got mine with a 3K limit back in February and pay it down regularly. I have heard a few stories of people just logging in and seeing Chase had given them an auto CLI. I don't feel like I will be that lucky. I have several other cards with at least double the limit as the Freedom.

Message 3 of 10
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

There are two things at work here:

1. How much are you using the card you want a CLI from? Heavy usage seems to help with auto CLIs.

2. How much credit do you have with Chase through other cards? Based on your income and credit profile, there is a maximum exposure level and after this point they won't extend you any more credit. If you have high limits with other Chase cards, you may have hit that limit and thuse won't receive any auto CLIs on any of your cards. It may not have anything to do with your Freedom specifically.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 4 of 10
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

I opened up a Freedom with 5k CL and CSP with 6k CL in February. Used them both for about 1k/month. After 6 months they both auto CLI'd to 8k.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 10
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@LTomBerry wrote:

I opened up a Freedom with 5k CL and CSP with 6k CL in February. Used them both for about 1k/month. After 6 months they both auto CLI'd to 8k.

hmm got my freedom 500 limit in july when i was first starting getting real cards (vs store ones) and have maxed out and pif every statement since i got the card. if they dont auto cli me im going to take the hit after a year(still debating taking the inq)  and they will see my other 2/3k+ limits and hopefully offer me the same. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 6 of 10
FrugalRican
Blogger

Had mine since July 2011. It's a 1,400 CL.

I used regularly between 400 to 600 a month, sometimes even up to 1,000 - 1,200.

No dice.

Still stuck at this pittance of a CL.

First world problems.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 7 of 10
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

Hi! I've had my Chase Freedom since January and recieved a $500 auto CLI at six months.  I use it often and sometimes carry a balance, but make large payments, and sometime's PIF.  I read on here that you can call in and have them do a manual review for a CLI but it will be a hard pull.  I was going to try that at 12 months if I did not get another auto increase. 

Message 8 of 10
lorenzj4
Established Member

I received my card in June with a $500 limit, logged in today and they increased it to $1000.

Im not sure if this has anything to do with my increase, but when i first got the card all I had on my report was a FP card with a $500 limit and a Amazon store card with a 600 limit. Since then my Amazon limit has doubled and Ive added more cards. Capital one, Amex, and Discover, all with higher limits. Maybe they're trying to keep up with my other cards? I was told when i got the card, my limit was low because my other limit was low.

Message 9 of 10
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

I just got a auto credit limit increase on my freedom card from $3000 to $3500. The account has been open 9 months. Only $500 but it's better than nothing.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.