Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom bonus 5% on gas through 2/28

tag
fatcomic
Regular Contributor

Chase Freedom bonus 5% on gas through 2/28

Chase is offering 5% bonus on $150 purchase of gas through 2/28 for all flavors of Chase Freedom cards.    It's capped at $150 but it's still 5%!!

https://www.chase.com/mybonus/AllOffersFreedomMonthofMore

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom bonus 5% on gas through 2/28

Thank you @fatcomic !

I just activated mine.

Message 2 of 40
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

@fatcomic

Outstanding! 

Just activated my Flex Freedom!

Message 3 of 40
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Son of a...I just pumped to full last night. Oh well, I should still be able to get another fill up or two before the end of the month. 

This gives me hope that the next rotating category will be something other than gas...and that makes me happy.

*crossing fingers for groceries, PayPal, or Amazon*

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 4 of 40
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@fatcomic Thanks for the heads up! Didn't see this anywhere on my account page or through UR, so I would have missed it. Much appreciated.

Chase promo activation (Feb 2021).png

Message 5 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Not available for my account".  Tried with my CFU.  It must be a targeted offer of which I'm not a target.

Oh well.  I just gassed up last week and it takes me at least a month to burn through a tank these days.

Message 6 of 40
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

@fatcomic Thanks for the heads up! Didn't see this anywhere on my account page or through UR, so I would have missed it. Much appreciated.

Chase promo activation (Feb 2021).png

Ditto,  I logged in  and out so many times to find it.  Then I clicked on the link again from the first post, scrolled down without signing in... and there you have it, the activation section for this offer.

@Anonymous  check again!   This offer was not in my account either!

click on the link in the OP and do not sign in.  Scroll down and proceed to fill in the activation information requested.

I hope this account of events make it easier for others.

Message 7 of 40
NRB525
Super Contributor

Thanks for the heads up and link. I activated my legacy Freedom VISA.

This says 5% cash back. Is it really a 5% credit to the account ( similar to Chase Offers ) or will it be 5 UR Points per dollar?

I suspect the latter, but it's a new offer.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 8 of 40
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@NRB525 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up and link. I activated my legacy Freedom VISA.

This says 5% cash back. Is it really a 5% credit to the account ( similar to Chase Offers ) or will it be 5 UR Points per dollar?

I suspect the latter, but it's a new offer.

My experience with all Chase bonus offers has been x% is xUR.  On the Freedom cards they always stress the % back part, but cash back is still earned as URs for all core cards.  The fine print refers to earning a maximum of 5% in rewards, so it's not a statement credit like some Chase Offers.

Message 9 of 40
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Sometimes I have seen some links don't work but chase.com/mybonus does work. Might want to try that to see if it works.

Worked on my CFF & P2's CF.

Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.