Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom bonus 5% on gas through 2/28

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Freedom bonus 5% on gas through 2/28

Didnt get any offer but I was able to activate it successfully with the link in OPs post. Thanks for posting it.

Message 11 of 40
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

"Not available for my account".  Tried with my CFU.  It must be a targeted offer of which I'm not a target.

Oh well.  I just gassed up last week and it takes me at least a month to burn through a tank these days.

As CFU is a fixed 1.5% on everything I would expect that this offer would not be available as there are never any 5% categories with it. Might consider converting it to the CFF.

Message 12 of 40
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

"Not available for my account".  Tried with my CFU.  It must be a targeted offer of which I'm not a target.

Oh well.  I just gassed up last week and it takes me at least a month to burn through a tank these days.

As CFU is a fixed 1.5% on everything I would expect that this offer would not be available as there are never any 5% categories with it. Might consider converting it to the CFF.

There's many reports of this working on the CFU in DoC's comments section. As always, YMMV.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-freedom-earn-5-cash-back-at-gas-stations-during-february-up-to-150-in-purchases/

Message 13 of 40
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I was able to activate it but I spend around $50 a month on gas.

Going to be a killer month for me

Message 14 of 40
CluelessJohn
Contributor

Tried Freedom Flex because I carry it in my wallet - no luck.  Worked for my Freedom.

Thanks for the link OP.

Chase Freedom Visa ($15K) Chase Freedom Flex ($15K) Chase Amazon Prime ($9K) USAA Limitless ($20K) AMEX BCE ($30K) CapOne QuickSilver ($15K) Citi DC ($20.5K) Citi Custom Cash ($5K) Discover It ($7.5K) BOA Cash Rewards ($5K) BOA MLB ($13K) USBank Cash+($10K) WF Active Cash ($8K)
FICO 8 ~800
Message 15 of 40
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

I was able to activate it but I spent around $50 a month on gas.

Going to be a killer month for me

I spend $0. yipee

Message 16 of 40
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

Thanks, @fatcomic !

Anyone know if Chase would give the 5% on a gift card purchase inside the gas station?  That works like a charm on Disco to maximize redemption even if you can't use the entire amount in the given timeframe, just never tried that with a Chase card.

Message 17 of 40
Trikoret
Contributor

I was able to activate it on both CF and CFU. I usually spend $500 a month on gas. I guess switch to Chase this month from BofA cash card. 

Message 18 of 40
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Trikoret wrote:

I was able to activate it on both CF and CFU. I usually spend $500 a month on gas. I guess switch to Chase this month from BofA cash card. 

@Trikoret  is Optimus Prime your ride? 

Message 19 of 40
Trikoret
Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@Trikoret wrote:

@Trikoret  is Optimus Prime your ride? 

Haha. I have 3 commuting cars. Gas is expensive in Bay area. The cheapest I can find is Costco at 2.99. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.