Thank you OP I just activated on my CFU🎉👍

Starting Score: 541
Nov 15 2020 score: EQ FICO8 635, TU8 636, EX8 644
Dec 15 2020 score: EQ FICO8 633, TU8 658, EX8 661
Jan 15 2021 Score EQ FICO8 698, TU8 689, EX8 706
Feb15 2021 Score EQ FICO8 704, TU8 702 , EX8 712 Goal Score: All Scores 760+,

In the garden since 1/28/21
Recently App. 1/3/21 & 1/23/21
What will you attempt to do if you knew could not Fail?
Message 21 of 40
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase Freedom bonus 5% on gas through 2/28

I got the offer but I'm not going to bother activating it.  I just filled up in January (5x MRs on Business Platinum through end of June, yay) so I doubt I'll need more fuel before March.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 22 of 40
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

Thanks, @fatcomic !

Anyone know if Chase would give the 5% on a gift card purchase inside the gas station?  That works like a charm on Disco to maximize redemption even if you can't use the entire amount in the given timeframe, just never tried that with a Chase card.

Fine print reads "spent in the gas station category" rather than pay-at-pump purchases, so as long as the merchant codes as a gas station and not convenience store or automotive repair, purchases made inside the station should trigger the credit.  Note that some stations code differently at the pump and inside.  Use the VISA Supplier Locator to check your station's MCC code.

shell_visa_supp.png

Message 23 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks @fatcomic 

Message 24 of 40
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I got the offer but I'm not going to bother activating it.  I just filled up in January (5x MRs on Business Platinum through end of June, yay) so I doubt I'll need more fuel before March.  Smiley Frustrated

You could always just grab a $50 giftcard from whichever station you frequent on February 25th. Then use it in April and whenever your next fill up is.

Message 25 of 40
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

"Not available for my account".  Tried with my CFU.  It must be a targeted offer of which I'm not a target.

Oh well.  I just gassed up last week and it takes me at least a month to burn through a tank these days.

FWIW, I have a suffix in my last name.  I tried my last name without the suffix on by the CFU and CFF and it didn't work.  I retried including my suffix with my last name on the CFU and it DID work.

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 26 of 40
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

@SecretAzure wrote:

Son of a...I just pumped to full last night. Oh well, I should still be able to get another fill up or two before the end of the month. 

This gives me hope that the next rotating category will be something other than gas...and that makes me happy.

*crossing fingers for groceries, PayPal, or Amazon*

I only read the first page of messages (there were 2 1/2 pages of messages when I saw the thread), but I think Chase generally tries to make sure the Freedom/Freedom Flex don't have the same bonus categories as the Discover It cash card in a given quarter.  In CY 2021 Q2, the Discover card has gas stations, wholesale clubs, and select streaming services as 5% bonus categories.

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 27 of 40
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Thank you @fatcomic 

Message 28 of 40
TSlop
Valued Contributor

FYI, I just got the official email from Chase about this, complete with a link to activate it on my CFU.

Message 29 of 40
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@TSlop wrote:

FYI, I just got the official email from Chase about this, complete with a link to activate it on my CFU.

I never did get an email but yesterday when I logged in it was under offers. I had previously activated it when this thread first popped up but to make sure I went ahead and activated it from the offers page, it didnt say I already had activated the offer so maybe it never was back on the 3rd...

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.