Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom bonus 5% on gas through 2/28

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom bonus 5% on gas through 2/28

I just got the email.  5% on gas for a month, 10% off gift cards if you redeem points in the UR portal, 5% on Overstock via Shop through Chase, and 4% on Athleta via Shop through Chase.  And activating the gas offer worked this time.

Not sure if I'll have any use for these, but maybe I can find a few gift cards at 10% off.  My gas tank is full, so the offer might expire before I need gas again.  Maybe I can fill the gas can for my lawn mower. Smiley Happy

Do I dare use my highest limit card in a gas pump though?  The pumps at the station I usually frequent does have contactless.

Message 31 of 40
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

That's a good deal. I'm still getting 10x MR pts. from my AMEX Platinum on gas from the SUB promo--so I probably won't use the CFU offer much--however I am still going to activate it and probably use it at least once or twice b/c I prefer URs over MRs.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 32 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up and link. I activated my legacy Freedom VISA.

This says 5% cash back. Is it really a 5% credit to the account ( similar to Chase Offers ) or will it be 5 UR Points per dollar?

I suspect the latter, but it's a new offer.

My experience with all Chase bonus offers has been x% is xUR.  On the Freedom cards they always stress the % back part, but cash back is still earned as URs for all core cards.  The fine print refers to earning a maximum of 5% in rewards, so it's not a statement credit like some Chase Offers.

Good to know! Read the fine print ... ok! Will add I have done very well with their statement credits for various promos they offer me. One transaction netted $81 on the statement! No compliants here Smiley Happy

Message 33 of 40
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got the email.  5% on gas for a month, 10% off gift cards if you redeem points in the UR portal, 5% on Overstock via Shop through Chase, and 4% on Athleta via Shop through Chase.  And activating the gas offer worked this time.

Not sure if I'll have any use for these, but maybe I can find a few gift cards at 10% off.  My gas tank is full, so the offer might expire before I need gas again.  Maybe I can fill the gas can for my lawn mower. Smiley Happy

Do I dare use my highest limit card in a gas pump though?  The pumps at the station I usually frequent does have contactless.

I am going to assume by 'contactless" you mean RFID, these still use the chip technology to complete the payment so you should be just fine. If in doubt just use the chip in the dip reader instead.

Message 34 of 40
zerofire
Valued Contributor

I just went through and tried my 5 cards. My Amazon and Slate were thrown out. My Freedom and Freedom Flex got 5% gas to the end of this month which is nice. But the real kicker is my AARP card. That one was holding out 5% on gas, groceries, and drug stores out to all the way to the end of the quarter. Talk about gangbusters.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 35 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am going to assume by 'contactless" you mean RFID, these still use the chip technology to complete the payment so you should be just fine. If in doubt just use the chip in the dip reader instead.

Yes, I mean RFID.  Many of the pumps around here that have added RFID contactless recently didn't add a chip reader, they still use the mag stripe if you insert the card.  I don't recall if that's the case for the station I usually go to though.  The card I usually use for gas doesn't have RFID but it does have a chip.

Message 36 of 40
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I added this, forgot I added it,used a different card for gas. 

Since I won't need gas again till May, GC it is...

Message 37 of 40
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

I added this, forgot I added it,used a different card for gas. 

Since I won't need gas again till May, GC it is...

We do what we have to am I right? Smiley Happy

Now Chase really needs to support the EV folk too Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 40
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

I have made zero progress on this...lol. Not even a dime. I had offers with Citi merchant offers for $10 back on $20 on fillups at BP, and then a 50 cents per gallon off with BP.  I might run out to Speedway and get $300 in Amazon giftcards later this week. I'm sure Chase fraud department will eat that up Smiley Happy

Message 39 of 40
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I remembered to use it!!! 

$35.00 out of $150.00

Won't need gas till mid April 

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.