Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom denial

So after the longest wait in the world (almost 2 weeks, lol) I finally got my denial letter in the mail.  It reads that I have too many inq's to be approved.  They pulled EXP.

First, I have too many inquiries because I recently purchased a car and not all of the inquiries are reading as auto loan requests.  Second, I have a few lates and a CO from 2002 (paid) on my file.  Do you think it is worth it to recon?  If the lates and CO were a factor in the consideration wouldn't the letter tell me this?  What is an easy way of getting all of these inq's to read as auto loan?  They were all done within the same week, so I was under the assumption (possibly incorrect) that they only counted as one inq on your report.  I only have two other inq's other than these auto loan inqs.

Any help appreciated.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
emartin82
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom denial

That's interesting. I have a LOT of inquiries on my file all within 2 days of each other because I shopped around for the best rate on an auto loan. I am worried that when I decide to apply for the Chase Freedom Card in six months, that I will get a denial based on the number of inquiries on my report.

You should definitely call the backdoor number and request a reconsideration. Hopefully a live human being is able to notice that the inquiries are due to rate shopping. You can find that number by searching through the boards for "chase recon number." Please let me know how it goes if you decide to do this.

Message 2 of 7
emartin82
Regular Contributor

Chase Recon #: 1-888-245-0625. Good luck, keep us informed please!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for the info!  I'll call in the morning and keep you updated. 
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Speak to an underwriter.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess it's a no-go.  The man I spoke with (Ted) says that even though they were all for auto loan shopping sometimes it doesn't even matter.  They still consider them.  Also- it just so happens that just about every single auto loan app I did pulled EXP.  They also are taking into consideration a $120 collection I have from 5 years ago.  Apparently my exceptional payment behavior over the past couple of years don't amount  for anything.  I thought it was also quite interesting that this reason was not even listed on the denial letter.  Bitter?  Yes.  I am just going to work on getting the collection off of my reports, and see what happens after that.  Good luck when you app in 6 mos-- hopefully you are more successful than I!
Message 6 of 7
Maximus5403
Valued Member

I would call again... two weeks ago I got denied for the Freedom, called first time they said no...called second time  hours later and asked for a reconsideration, woman was very nice, I explained my inquiries and new accounts and then she approved it...I think you should definately try again
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.