Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom or Unlimited

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom or Unlimited

Other than the Charge Off and Late payment, nothing else Negative. I do have a car loan with Ally that's paid well in advance, a student loan of $4500, and a stupid One Main loan of $2000/$5000. Never been late on any of that. I wanted to pay off the One Main loan since I have the full amount in my account but my interest rate is only 6% and I read on Experian that is better to just pay the monthly payment instead of paying off since it's an installment loan.

Message 11 of 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Derog that preceeds  charge off is as severe as derog can be, without it being a BK.

90 day late is also a very serious derog. 

Considering that both are very recent, I wouldnt be applying for anything right now. If that was a single, isolated 30 day late, maybe. 

With CO and 90 day that aren't even two years old, you're really not looking at anything resembling decent terms and SL. 

I suggest you wait a bit longer, especially with Chase. If they start you with low SL, you'll be stuck with it unless you're willing to go for a lot of HPs

Your apr will be highest, which is irrelevant if you dont carry balances, but most people do carry them.

I seriously would be applying yet. 

Message 12 of 20
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Agreed with Remedios. I didn't see your posts about the CO and late payment when I posted mine. 

Message 13 of 20
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Derog that preceeds  charge off is as severe as derog can be, without it being a BK.

90 day late is also a very serious derog. 

Considering that both are very recent, I wouldnt be applying for anything right now. If that was a single, isolated 30 day late, maybe. 

With CO and 90 day that aren't even two years old, you're really not looking at anything resembling decent terms and SL. 

I suggest you wait a bit longer, especially with Chase. If they start you with low SL, you'll be stuck with it unless you're willing to go for a lot of HPs

Your apr will be highest, which is irrelevant if you dont carry balances, but most people do carry them.

I seriously would be applying yet. 

My bad for not asking if you had derog. I agree with this completely.

Message 14 of 20
Tomatoshadow2
New Contributor

I think you should wait a while applying for Chase, its a bummer that you have derogs against you, just let those age a bit more, before you do anything.

Message 15 of 20
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I currently have Paypal Credit limit $1750, Amazon Store Card limit $430, Cap1 QuickSilver limit $500, NFCU cashRewards limit $4000, NFCU More Rewards limit $2000, MilitaryStar limit $1475, Amex Blue Cash Everyday limit $1200. My FICO scores are TU 704, EQ 692, EX 677. My longest length of history is NFCU cashRewards 7 years, 2mo. My shortest is PayPal Credit at 1 year, 11mo. I'm extremely interested on getting my first Chase card. I've applied in the past and always got denied due to short credit history and high balances. I've now been very responsible and only have 2% utilization. Which Chase card do y'all recommend to get? Freedom or Unlimited? Do y'all think I can qualify for it now? I have a business account with them as well as a personal with funds. Would love to get a Visa Signature with the Freedom. What do y'all suggest I do? Or do y'all recommend another card?

Thanks for the DPs. To provide accurate advice, we need 3 more:

*UT on each CC

*Inquiries in last 3/6/12/24 months

*Any baddies on CRs

EDIT. After I asked the question about baddies, I saw you response to @Remedios. Nope, don't apply for any more CCs just yet, especially not a Chase. Your baddies are too recent. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 16 of 20
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes I am under 5/24 rule. The last time I applied was April 2018. I've considered asking for CLI on my cards, not sure if it's the right move.

Definitely ask for SP CLIs on your NFCU cards. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 17 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes I am under 5/24 rule. The last time I applied was April 2018. I've considered asking for CLI on my cards, not sure if it's the right move.

Definitely ask for SP CLIs on your NFCU cards. 

+1

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forums and good luck, OP!

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for the great advise. I'll definitely follow everything that was said. I'm new to the forums. My TU went up today and it's at 727 today 👍🏻

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.