Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom overpayment

tag
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

Chase Freedom overpayment

So I’ve gotten a little over zealous paying my balances in full.  I made a payment to my chase freedom card earlier today from my chase checking account. Logged in this afternoon saw the balance and thought I had not scheduled the payment and of course my checking account had a lower balance but didn’t put that in the equation. So I scheduled another payment to be sent from my credit union account and post as of Friday.  Well, now I see the Freedom account updates to zero and I see the mistake. My credit union payment is processing so can’t change it.  Any suggestions..or am I just left to have a credit on my Freedom account?  Does anyone know if chase would just move the credit to my checking account if I call and explain?  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Freedom overpayment

Unfortunately, that option isn't currently available for the overpayment to be transferred to your [Chase] checking account.  Once the CU payment has posted, contact them to receive a refund check.

Message 2 of 4
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

I do this often on purpose. (I hate waiting for pending transactions to post). I guess this is one reason they limit it to $100 over the current balance. At least that is the message I got earlier this week.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 3 of 4
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Unfortunately, that option isn't currently available for the overpayment to be transferred to your [Chase] checking account.  Once the CU payment has posted, contact them to receive a refund check.

+1

OP, I forgot about an autopay to NFCU and transferred a payment. As @FinStar noted, ask for a refund once it posts. NFCU gave me a refund. This happened a few years ago. 

Now, this double payment can’t happen with NFCU  because you are notified via a popup if a payment is pending or scheduled. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.