cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom spend 500 get 200 sign-up bonus for everyone now.

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom spend 500 get 200 sign-up bonus for everyone now.

Nothing to do with my decision about app-ing/not app-ing for the card: But from an UW's perspective, it would only seem like desperation to me if right now I was sitting at about 40% or greater UTIL after having those TL's for only 3-4 mos. Right now I'm only at about 3% or 4% UTIL of my total ext. credit.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 61 of 123
Apinzon2374
Regular Contributor

You would be right Finstar, I'm not in the loop. If applying for it did more harm than good then yeah, I wouldn't say go for it.

Either ways though, gardening is great and patience is a virtue. Who knows? Maybe when you're "ready," to apply for another card there might be an offer just as good if not better.

Mokong, I say SM them to find out. They told me the 10k points for spending $500 offer was active for 103 days after account opening so you might be able to get it still.

Capital One Quicksilver | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire | AMEX Blue Cash Everyday
Scores: EX: 725 | TU:742
Message 62 of 123
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Nothing to do with my decision about app-ing/not app-ing for the card: But from an UW's perspective, it would only seem like desperation to me if right now I was sitting at about 40% or greater UTIL after having those TL's for only 3-4 mos. Right now I'm only at about 3% or 4% UTIL of my total ext. credit.

Any U/W who would manually review an application where an excessive amount of TLs where acquired in such a short period would definitely raise some flags.  The "desperate" analogy does not come from just a utilization perspective.  It simply points to the indiscriminate number of applications (inquiries) and recently opened TLs (capacity) in which a hunger for credit has recently been exhibited.  It doesn't matter whether utilization is at 1% or 30%.  Any risk and behavioral models would typically point to default scenarios that match such patterns - not saying that you would go into default.

Message 63 of 123
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

Because Im not familiar with chase , how do points work. I know when I got the 100 dollars with amex , I had to use it on **bleep** store gift cards or get half the value in an amex gift card. Does the 200 actually equal 200 cash , or is it only redeemable to buy things and get gift cards

Message 64 of 123
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Since 1Q includes Starbucks, a quick question to those that might know.   Does loading your starbucks card with your credit card count?   I did this I think with the Forward, online, and it didn't get the 5 TYP bonus.  Does doing it at the store work better?  (Using the Starbucks tgold card is generally a better bonus than 5%)

Message 65 of 123
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@longtimelurker

The Starbucks reload worked for me last year
Message 66 of 123
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

Since 1Q includes Starbucks, a quick question to those that might know.   Does loading your starbucks card with your credit card count?   I did this I think with the Forward, online, and it didn't get the 5 TYP bonus.  Does doing it at the store work better?  (Using the Starbucks tgold card is generally a better bonus than 5%)

I haven't tested it yet but I would imagine it would, but I would do it at the store.

Message 67 of 123
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Thanks Lexie, I will try it then.   Probably not the whole $1,500 though

Message 68 of 123
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@FinStar

You are on a roll.

FinStar is killing it tonight Smiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 69 of 123
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

Thanks Lexie, I will try it then.   Probably not the whole $1,500 though

Why not?  LOL ... that's like 250 lattes!

Message 70 of 123
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.