Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom to Chase Freedom Visa Signature

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom to Chase Freedom Visa Signature

gettnthere wrote: Ive had my freedom card for exactly 12 months and have been trying to convert mine to siggy as well.

Limit matters, also.  Are you over 5k limit, and how long?

Message 11 of 21
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

@bobvette wrote:

Just thought I'd share that I called the EO at Chase and asked if they would convert my standard Freedom to a Visa Signature, it took a few days but they did make the conversion, so now I am fortunate to have 2 Visa Signature cards with Chase.

Guess I don't understand why they didn't upgrade you sooner.  You have much higher CL's than I and yet Chase gave me Visa sig's for my Freedom and Sapphire when I applied last month but AMEX shot me down yesterday for a BCE.

Message 12 of 21
creditjail
Regular Contributor

Congrats

FICO scores:EQ- 723 (6/13), TU- 722 (6/13), EX- ?
My Wallet- AMEX BCE-17.5K, Chase Freedom-6k, Cap1- 5K, BMO Harris-5K, Wells Fargo-2K,
Store Cards-Lowes- 8K, Ashley Furniture-6K, American Furniture-2.5K,

Message 13 of 21
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats !  

Message 14 of 21
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@p- wrote:

gettnthere wrote: Ive had my freedom card for exactly 12 months and have been trying to convert mine to siggy as well.

Im exactly at 5k on my freedom card and its been there since december. Ive had the card since last june

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 21
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:

@p- wrote:

Im exactly at 5k on my freedom card and its been there since december. Ive had the card since last june

I'm 500 away from a 5k limit and when I called about the siggy version, they told me they had to pull my credit to get it at 5k limit and then convert to a siggy. Didn't want my credit pulled so I still have a regular Visa.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 16 of 21
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@gettnthere wrote:

@p- wrote:

I'm 500 away from a 5k limit and when I called about the siggy version, they told me they had to pull my credit to get it at 5k limit and then convert to a siggy. Didn't want my credit pulled so I still have a regular Visa.

I think i may have called Chase about converting last year and the only thing they mentioned was having a 5k limit and the account must be opened 13 months but they didnt mention any kind of credit pull. I hope thats not the case

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 17 of 21
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@gettnthere wrote:

@p- wrote:

same here. but 1K away from the 5K limit. since all my other cards are Siggies or World MC I give up on Chase now. realized that I cannot have a Siggy with Chase but life goes on anyway Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 21
bobvette
Regular Contributor

I believe I have had the card for just over a year, probably right at 13 months, I'm not sure though.  They really only asked me about my income because they said it was a NPSL card so they had to confirm my income.  Other than that, it took about a day and the new card whas shipped yesterday.  Now, has anyone gotten the upgrade with Pen Fed?

BOA Cash Rewards $95,000, AMEX Delta Reserve $65,000 AMEX BCP $30,600 CSP $32,000 Pen Fed Plat Rewards $25,000 Citi Thank You Preferred $28,500 Chase Freedom $21,000
Delta CU $10,000 Cap 1 X 2 $7,500 Discover $18,000
HSN $1,700 Kohls $4,000 BBRZ $700

Starting Score: EQ-592 TU-606
Current Score: EQ-838 TU-845
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 19 of 21
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Called CS, was no help, said they could convert to Slate or Freedom MC.  I said, no way, i don't think she understood my question.  I hung up, and called EO.  Very nice lady understood why i wanted to upgrade to Signature, but it was 4pm CT, and they close at 5pm.  She is working my case to convert, and i should hear from her by Tuesday at the latest.  There was no mention of needing income, just that another department handles upgrades.  I've had my Freedom going on 2 years now, and CL is 9,3k.  We will see.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.