cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom to Freedom Flex Product Change while already holding Chase Freedom Flex Success

tag
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

Chase Freedom to Freedom Flex Product Change while already holding Chase Freedom Flex Success

I have heard anecdotal comments that, even though this was specifically not allowed in the terms or at least according to one interpretation of the terms, it is possible to have two Chase Freedom Flex (CFF) cards. The terms said you can only have one CFF card when the CFF launched but I think that is being interpreted as you can only apply for one CFF directly. You can end up with another through product changing another Chase card to a CFF (Freedom Unlimited, old Freedom, Sapphire, Sapphire Preferred, or Sapphire Reserve). This is my data point in case it is helpful to anyone else.

My wife was approved for a Chase Freedom Unlimited (CFU) in March of 2021 and then product changed that card to a Chase Freedom (CF: the old Visa you cannot apply for anymore) in December of 2021. (Another datapoint is that, apparently, you do not have to wait twelve months to product change between cards without annual fees.) She was also approved for a CFF in April of 2022. I started thinking about how having a second CFF that we could use with the Curve card to maximize the grocery bonus for this quarter would be useful. The Curve cards works out great for my wife since she can carry one card for all our Mastercards and then another AMEX or Visa for other things. The Curve card's "go back in time" feature then comes in handy. What I have started doing is setting her Curve card to one of our other Mastercards and then, when the charge happens to be groceries, dining, or drugstores, I use "go back in time" to move those grocery and dining purchases to the Chase Aeroplan card and drugstores to the CFF. In this quarter though, the CF and CFF have 5X on groceries up to $1500 for the quarter which is where this whole CF to CFF product change idea came from.

Since Curve does not work with Visa credit cards, having the CF Visa switched to a CFF which is a Mastercard would be quite useful. She called in and requested the change. She also has a 0% offer that we utilized on the CF and she was told nothing would change with any promotional offers or anything else. The only change would be from CF Visa to CFF Mastercard and then she would also have the additional 3X categories (dining and drugstores) that the CFF has. I was concerned the 0% offer might be changed in some way but apparently that is not a problem. She is planning to apply for another CFU this year at some point and then maybe she will product change to a third CFF. Anyway, hopefully this is helpful to someone thinking about the same.

Bold are regularly used for spending
AOD Visa Signature | Curve Card | X1 Credit Card | Target RedCard | Venmo Card
AMEX: Schwab Platinum | 2 x Gold | Green | 2 x Business Platinum | 2 x Business Gold | Blue Business Plus
AMEX: Amazon Business Prime | Delta Reserve | Delta Reserve Business | Marriott Bonvoy Business
Chase: Aeroplan | Amazon Prime | World of Hyatt | World of Hyatt Business | Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase: Ink Business Cash | Ink Business Preferred | Southwest Performance Business
BofA: Alaska Airlines Business | Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards
Citi AAdvantage Executive | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards | U.S. Bank Business Platinum | GM Business Card
Apple Card | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards | PenFed Gold | PenFed Platinum Rewards
Capital One Platinum | Capital One QuicksilverOne | FNBO Evergreen Business
Player 2: Delta Platinum AMEX | Chase Freedom | 2 x Chase Freedom Flex | Apple Card
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom to Freedom Flex Product Change while already holding Chase Freedom Flex Success

Congratulations on your success! @Alephbet 

Message 2 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom to Freedom Flex Product Change while already holding Chase Freedom Flex Success

Congratulations on your chase success

Message 3 of 9
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Chase Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 4 of 9
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Very nice, congratulations!

Message 5 of 9
SpaceCityCCuser
Regular Contributor

That is great. I utilize the Curve in the same way. Plus Discover card in the Curve as well. And SavorOne card in the Curve as well.

Last Signature Update: 03/21/2024

Credit Age:
Approvals (Chase 5/24 not counting business cards):
Inquiries:

Financial Institutions:

Cards on the Radar:
2 plus years away cards:
Message 6 of 9
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

congrats on the PC

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $38,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000 /

SOCKDRAWERED FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ WELLS FARGO ACTIVE CASH $8200/ CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700
Message 7 of 9
jibc1978
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the PC success!

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Store Cards:

Credit Health:

Message 8 of 9
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

@SpaceCityCCuser wrote:

That is great. I utilize the Curve in the same way. Plus Discover card in the Curve as well. And SavorOne card in the Curve as well.

I never paid much attention and kind of preferred Visa cards over Mastercards because of Costco in the past but now I'm much more interested in getting a bigger set of Mastercards. The Citi Double Cash, Custom Cash, Premier, and some others as well as the Capital One Savor or SavorOne as you mentioned also become really interesting. I'm really happy with the Curve card especially for my wife. I have never had a Discover card but someone else mentioned that using Discover card through Curve causes Walmart to qualify as groceries for the 5% quarterly category (whichever Discover card that is called) when it normally does not qualify when run directly.

Bold are regularly used for spending
AOD Visa Signature | Curve Card | X1 Credit Card | Target RedCard | Venmo Card
AMEX: Schwab Platinum | 2 x Gold | Green | 2 x Business Platinum | 2 x Business Gold | Blue Business Plus
AMEX: Amazon Business Prime | Delta Reserve | Delta Reserve Business | Marriott Bonvoy Business
Chase: Aeroplan | Amazon Prime | World of Hyatt | World of Hyatt Business | Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase: Ink Business Cash | Ink Business Preferred | Southwest Performance Business
BofA: Alaska Airlines Business | Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards
Citi AAdvantage Executive | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards | U.S. Bank Business Platinum | GM Business Card
Apple Card | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards | PenFed Gold | PenFed Platinum Rewards
Capital One Platinum | Capital One QuicksilverOne | FNBO Evergreen Business
Player 2: Delta Platinum AMEX | Chase Freedom | 2 x Chase Freedom Flex | Apple Card
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.