cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom upgraded to Chase Freedom Unlimited!

tag
smittyboy020
Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom upgraded to Chase Freedom Unlimited!

I PC'ed my $1700 Freedom to an FU (F-U-...that's funny) yesterday.  They didn't mention anything about a CLI or an HP.

Message 21 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent them SM last night and got it taken care of...should have never called.

Message 22 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How's that an upgrade?

From the name alone!    XX -> XX Unlimited      SUrely you wouldn't want to be stuck with a boring limited card.  Sounds like an upgrade, even if it really isn't.....

Hope you're trolling...

Message 23 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How's that an upgrade?

From the name alone!    XX -> XX Unlimited      SUrely you wouldn't want to be stuck with a boring limited card.  Sounds like an upgrade, even if it really isn't.....

Hope you're trolling...

He's not trolling.  That's LTL's sense of humor.  I found it funny Smiley LOL

Message 24 of 87
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

I called and no limit is at 3700$ might call and take the HP for a CLI though would love a Visa Siggy with them

Message 25 of 87
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

The 5x earnings were unappealing because I have the Discover It card..and I have the Citi DC WEMC. Wanted the Freedom Unlimited because it is new also.

Message 26 of 87
BeeH11
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
But why would anyone use this card over the Citi Double Cash? I don't get the appeal. I'll stick with my normal Freedom for category purchases and Ultimate Rewards bonuses and my Fido for 2% across the board.

B/C I am boycotting Citi since when I was a broke college student who maxed out my student citi card, but ALWAYS paid on time, and they still decided to close my account during the recession! LOL. Not that I have the Freedom but still... (somtetimes I am tempted to apply for it but instead just trying to get hubby to PC his old Citi card).Smiley Very Happy

Chase Sapphire Reserve. Chase Freedom Unlimited. Amex Gold. Amex Everyday. Discover It. Capital One QuickSilver. Bloomingdales. Victoria Secret.
Message 27 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigalkescott514 wrote:

The 5x earnings were unappealing because I have the Discover It card..and I have the Citi DC WEMC. Wanted the Freedom Unlimited because it is new also.

This is exactly why I would switch to the FU. My Freedom is simply not getting usage.  And as to the qustion of why not get the citi DC...I don't have one of those, If I did I wouldn't switch.

Message 28 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

I PC'ed to the new Freedom card. I didn't want to say FU. lol 

1. Because I love the new look

2. I use my chase card to pay my bills and then pay it off. It's how i get my points. I don't shop nearly enough for it to make a huge difference with the rotating categories. 

Message 29 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still don't get all the people PCing to FU, getting excited over a 0.5% more. That's only an extra $5 for every $1K spent. But whatever floats your boat, I guess. Most people go nuts just because it's new and shiny, I certainly don't share the excitement.

Message 30 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.