Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom vs Ducks Unlimited

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom vs Ducks Unlimited

@TheBoondocks wrote:
For the Ducks Unlimited, is there a threshold to cash out or do you have to redeem it? Or is it automatically goes as statement credit every month? Thanks!

I remember reading $25, that's why I went with the Fort Knox card it's automatic statement credit each period.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

its obviously freedom for me, my csr boosts its values to 7.5%.

Message 12 of 18
Poppa
Established Contributor

Something else to consider. Ducks Unlimited has given me what I consider big SP CLIs every 6 months. With almost entirely gas spending I went from $4,500 to $8,000 to $13,000. 

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 13 of 18
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

I would go with Chase in this scenario....when going for cash back, I WANT cash not statement credit, so ANY cash back card that lets me deposit real money in one of my accounts gets my vote, this is my main "hatred" for Amex....always statement credits, no REAL hard cash.....but that is just what I look for in a cash back card, some could care less about cash vs statement credit....

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe Chase Freedom is better. No APR for 15 months, that makes quite difference more than rewards at times (Depends on your expenses).

I'd suggest that someone worrying about APR on a rewards card isn't at all approaching it the right way.

Message 15 of 18
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Cash, statement credit, same thing. Only difference is flexibility to having cash, on what you could do with it. That's cool. It's whatever for me lol.
Message 16 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe Chase Freedom is better. No APR for 15 months, that makes quite difference more than rewards at times (Depends on your expenses).

I'd suggest that someone worrying about APR on a rewards card isn't at all approaching it the right way.

And by the same token, if the product has some dual benefit thatccan serve either perspective, it's up to the individual to decide what is best for them, approach aside.  Everyone's goals are different.  

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

And by the same token, if the product has some dual benefit thatccan serve either perspective, it's up to the individual to decide what is best for them, approach aside.  Everyone's goals are different.  

That's not what I'm talking about.  I'm speaking specifically on someone stepping on a dollar to pick up a quarter and the erosion of rewards due to paying interest.  That's very different than someone using a rewards card for a 0% offer or something.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.