Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom vs. Perfect Cards

tag
Underh20
Frequent Contributor

Chase Freedom vs. Perfect Cards

I have been thinking about "upgrading" my Amazon.com Visa with Chase to either a Chase Perfect or a Freedom card.  I looked at the Chase website and checked the pricing and terms of many of their different cards and, frankly, they all seem identical to me.

Could someone please give me the introductory course Chase Cards 101, please?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom vs. Perfect Cards

Hi Underh20, sorry but I am not an expert but from my understanding and I have the Perfect Card you can get 3% cash back credit on your statement for fuel/gas purchases and 1% on other purchases which are capped at $15 a month. For the Freedom its $1 for 1 point which are unlimited earnings. I hope this helped.

chnceit

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 5
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

For the Freedom its $1 for 1 point which are unlimited earnings. I hope this helped.

chnceit

@Anonymous't forget the most important part:  3% on your top 3 categories for the month @ up to $200 in purchases for each category in addition to the 1% unlimited elsewhere.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thrasher865 wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

For the Freedom its $1 for 1 point which are unlimited earnings. I hope this helped.

chnceit

@Anonymous't forget the most important part:  3% on your top 3 categories for the month @ up to $200 in purchases for each category in addition to the 1% unlimited elsewhere.

For new Freedom cards that's only for the first 6 months. After that, it's a regular 1% rewards card.

Message 4 of 5
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Underh20 it just really depends on what rewards you want since you are going to do a PC. The Perfect Card gives you 3% cash back on gas and the Freedom Card you will get $1 per point. The Freedom Card is a cool card to have for the first 6 months then the reward structure drops. Since the gas prices are high I use this card for all my gas purchases.

chnceit

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.