Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom with EMV Chip

tag
YahComb
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom with EMV Chip

same here, got my card today had a non-world MC and it got converted to an EMV non-sig visa (it started at 3K, got to 7.5K through consolidation 12-13 months ago). My MC card has been open since 8/12 and had a expiration of 8/15.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 51 of 76
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

I don't think the card looks half bad... Seen better of course but isn't terrible 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 52 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

Got my conversion card yesterday, went from World MC to Visa Sig Chip and Sig card.

Message 53 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got mine (requested) last week and for some reason they sent 2. It is ugly, but looks identical to the non-chip version I had before. They just removed the Chase logo

Message 54 of 76
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got mine (requested) last week and for some reason they sent 2. It is ugly, but looks identical to the non-chip version I had before. They just removed the Chase logo

This is an bit unrelated question, but Chase already switched me from Freedom MC to freedom visa with an new account number and everything. They said my new card will come with emv chip, is there anything i should be aware of when i get my emv freedom visa?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 55 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's interesting, because I too just this month had a freedom mastercard converted to a visa. The new card was sent to me with a chip in it. I called chase and spoke to a csr through the number on the back of my sapphire card, and was told that chase is now including the emv chip on all of their cards. The csr even said that she would send me a new card complete with chip, on my regular non-preferred sapphire account. This surprised me, as I'd been told previously that chase was only including the emv chips on their more high end line of cards. I guess I'll have to wait and see when the new replacement card arrives next week.

Message 56 of 76
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's interesting, because I too just this month had a freedom mastercard converted to a visa. The new card was sent to me with a chip in it. I called chase and spoke to a csr through the number on the back of my sapphire card, and was told that chase is now including the emv chip on all of their cards. The csr even said that she would send me a new card complete with chip, on my regular non-preferred sapphire account. This surprised me, as I'd been told previously that chase was only including the emv chips on their more high end line of cards. I guess I'll have to wait and see when the new replacement card arrives next week.

Keep us posted. Smiley Wink

Message 57 of 76
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I actually prefer the new look over the old one. I have never like the HUGE Chase logo on the card.

Message 58 of 76
nyancat
Established Contributor

Originally Chase was putting EMV on their travel cards to make life a little easier (if they really cared though they'd be chip and PIN) now it is on basically everything for the security benefits (anti-counterfeiting).
American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 59 of 76
dilettante
Established Contributor

Thanks all, for the updates.  I still haven't received mine because they are taking their sweet time converting my MC to Visa.  The Freedom and SPG are the only CC's I have that haven't been chipped yet.  Next on my list will be to ask dept. stores that offer Visa or WEMC's like Nordstrom, Saks & BR if they have any plans to chip their cards soon.

Chase is still dragging their feet about adding chip and pin capability to their travel cards like they announced in February.  I read that they are delaying the process until next year and not the end of this year as promised in their Feb. announcement.  

Message 60 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.