Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom with limited history?

tag
gatortrades
New Contributor

Chase Freedom with limited history?

Restarting my credit repair, and an unfortunate byproduct is 3 credit cards from my early 20s were all charged off and recently GW'd off my reports. At this point all that's on my reports is several direct loans, a paid off Wells Fargo auto loan, and an old BOA CC with about 18 mos of perfect history, but boa closed it in 2009 when I requested a cli. Aaoa is about 3 years. (Should be longer as my first student loan was when I was 18, 10 yrs ago. I'm researching why it says my oldest account is 5yrs 9mos).  Just ordered a secured cap one and will get it this week. 

I want a chase freedom, and was wondering if you all think I could qualify for one in a year.  I'll put the max $3k on the secured card(pif every month), no lates within 24 months, and I just switched banking from boa to chase and will have around $15k in it when I apply next year. Thanks. 

Starting Score: 8/6/08 EQ-428 TU-471 EX-440
Current Score: EQ-822 Scorewatch 3/4/19 TU-798 BOA 3/19/19 EX-793 3/6/19 Discover Creditscorecard
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
gatortrades
New Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom with limited history?

And I clearly need to fix the scores in that confusing hyperlink in my sig!!

Current Score: EQ-822 Scorewatch 3/4/19 TU-798 BOA 3/19/19 EX-793 3/6/19 Discover Creditscorecard

Message 2 of 10
distantarray
Established Contributor

depending on your scores at the time, and your past derogs but if your 650's you should be good to go as long as you don't have too many bad things on your report.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 3 of 10
gatortrades
New Contributor

If all my gws go as planned over the next 12 months, I'll only have a few 60 day lates on my student loans from about 4 yrs ago.  all else will be clean. Really want the chase freedom and eventually the sapphire preferred to maximize rewards for my travel.   

Message 4 of 10
distantarray
Established Contributor

@gatortrades wrote:

If all my gws go as planned over the next 12 months, I'll only have a few 60 day lates on my student loans from about 4 yrs ago.  all else will be clean. Really want the chase freedom and eventually the sapphire preferred to maximize rewards for my travel.   

were the 60 day lates on your student loan around the sametime? cause you should check if you can file a backdate deference / forbearance on your reports to have it 100% clean. It's possible in a lot of cases.

Message 5 of 10
gatortrades
New Contributor

They were together. I've already shot off a gw pleading my case. I included an option asking if we could do a retroactive forbearance. I'm going to gw them to death.

Message 6 of 10
distantarray
Established Contributor

forbeance backdating is probably your best bet, if it was all within the sametime it shouldn't be a problem, just explain you ran into a tough time and you didn't realize you could do this at that time. Also you havn't had any lates since then.

Personally i think after you get everything fixed you should apply for a personal loan and pay all that off. Personal loans are possible to remove, but student loans are not =x

Message 7 of 10
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I got approved for with a $5k limit and I have a limited history. Having a high limit secured card reporting in good standing would be helpful.

Oldest account is almost a year and a half. Got a credit score by February and then went on an app spree. Got approved for the Freedom on my next app spree which was october. Put my average account age around 6 months.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got trigger happy and applied for a Freedom card before my Discover reported and was approved. The only other things on my CR were student loans. Of course I got the minimum, but I called the backdoor credit analyst to get further info and she told me that once the Discover reports, I should apply for a CLI.

Message 9 of 10
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.