Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom

tag
Mumford1310
Established Member

Chase Freedom

I recently applied and was approved for a Chase Freedom Visa.  Unfortunately, I only recieved the promotional 0% APR for 6 months.  I called the executive office yesterday to request the promotional offer for 15 months as currently advertised.  I also, asked if I could recieved a sp credit check for a credit line increase,  I'm currently at $500 and I can't do anything with that little limit.  I'm literaly, paying my account in full once a week because my limit is so low.  Remind you, my call was placed yesterday and as of today, I haven't heard anything.  I did follow up with the representative today, who was amazingly professional and polite.  He told me he's working on it and he'll get back to me shortly!  I'm so impatient and I hate waiting.

What are my odds of getting my credit limit increased and the 0% APR for 15 months?  I recieved the card last month.

Starting Score: EQ 656 EXP696 TU 677
Current Score: EQ 656 EXP696 TU 677
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom

@Mumford1310 wrote:

I recently applied and was approved for a Chase Freedom Visa.  Unfortunately, I only recieved the promotional 0% APR for 6 months.  I called the executive office yesterday to request the promotional offer for 15 months as currently advertised.  I also, asked if I could recieved a sp credit check for a credit line increase,  I'm currently at $500 and I can't do anything with that little limit.  I'm literaly, paying my account in full once a week because my limit is so low.  Remind you, my call was placed yesterday and as of today, I haven't heard anything.  I did follow up with the representative today, who was amazingly professional and polite.  He told me he's working on it and he'll get back to me shortly!  I'm so impatient and I hate waiting.

What are my odds of getting my credit limit increased and the 0% APR for 15 months?  I recieved the card last month.

I'd say the odds are not bad. I wonder why you got only 6 months, I think Chase has been doing 15 months for awhile now. Odds on your CLI, not so sure about.

Message 2 of 11
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Chase CLI are hard pulls. Chances of a CLI are slim

Message 3 of 11
bribro
Valued Contributor

I got a SP CLI from $3k to $15k the same day I was approved for my Freedom Visa, but had a very unique set of circumstances.

In your case, it would almost certainly by a HP, and your chances of approval would hinge on how good of a case you made for it over the phone.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 4 of 11
ssghandless
Contributor

So what happened? Did you get approved for more?

4/5/12 TU-635 Ex-634 Eq-646 (Kroll Fact. Home loan)
9/8/10 TU-654 Ex-627 Eq-638
8/1/10 TU-629 Ex-627 Eq-638

Starting Score: 526
Current Score: 635
Goal Score: 750

Message 5 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Mumford1310 wrote:

You got the 6 months 0% deal because of something they didnt like on your reports. Also the low CL. I'd imagine it's going to be another HP for CLI and the chances for them to adjust the promo APR are hopefully good!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 11
Mumford1310
Established Member

Actually, they did a HP for my CLI request but it was approved for $2000. My APR and promo interest rate remained the same

Starting Score: EQ 656 EXP696 TU 677
Current Score: EQ 656 EXP696 TU 677
Goal Score: 760

Message 7 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Well that's great CONGRATS!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

That is great, but it seems odd that you didn't get the 15 months @ 0%. 

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 11
SportBike4Life
Regular Contributor

@Mumford1310 wrote:
Actually, they did a HP for my CLI request but it was approved for $2000. My APR and promo interest rate remained the same

Congrats on the CLI!! HP not wasted!

Jun 2012 FICO® ~ 734 EQ
Sep 2012 FICO® ~ 684 EQ; 734 TU
Oct 2012 FICO® ~ TBA

Goal for 2014 ~760+

Trying to stay in the garden...but also trying to get as many apps as possible for now Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.