Chase Freedom

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Chase Freedom

@Imua wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@uroosa1 wrote:

Is a score of about 719 good enough of for chase freedom. score might be few points higher if they use EQ

Who else has beed approved with a low score and what CL? also where agency did they pull?

I have a 1 year history file. no baddies. low utiliz. one card. 4 student loans.

I'm about to apply. just need a little confidence.

How long have your open CC(s) been open?? Chase is very adament about having at least 1 CC open for a year or more before approving for their cards. 719 is a good score.

I was approved with a 700 EX score 4 months ago.

i was approved for chase freedom ($4600 CL initially) in 2009 with only a 6-month history of open cc's

have no idea what my scores were at the time, but had no lates or derogs,low util and always PIF... but obviously had the 2 inqs for the open cc's. (3 TL's but 2 cards, BofA visa and macy's store/macy's visa... that was before macy's buddied upwith Amex and dropped visa)

Was your BofA visa a non-secured card? I assume that besides CC's, you had already had a credit history with other types of credit, such as a car loan. If you started out with a non-secured credit card, you must've had a decent credit history even then.

Message 31 of 35
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@Imua wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@uroosa1 wrote:

Is a score of about 719 good enough of for chase freedom. score might be few points higher if they use EQ

Who else has beed approved with a low score and what CL? also where agency did they pull?

I have a 1 year history file. no baddies. low utiliz. one card. 4 student loans.

How long have your open CC(s) been open?? Chase is very adament about having at least 1 CC open for a year or more before approving for their cards. 719 is a good score.

i was approved for chase freedom ($4600 CL initially) in 2009 with only a 6-month history of open cc's

have no idea what my scores were at the time, but had no lates or derogs,low util and always PIF... but obviously had the 2 inqs for the open cc's. (3 TL's but 2 cards, BofA visa and macy's store/macy's visa... that was before macy's buddied upwith Amex and dropped visa)

Was your BofA visa a non-secured card? I assume that besides CC's, you had already had a credit history with other types of credit, such as a car loan. If you started out with a non-secured credit card, you must've had a decent credit history even then.

not secured.

the only other credit/TL showing on my CR's was an overdraft LOC with my CU ($5k CL, open since 1990)/// and that only reports on EQ.

no auto loans showing (last auto loan was taken out in 1992, paid off in 1997... i paid cash for a new car in 2002, so that didn't show up on CR's)

Message 32 of 35
HiLine
Blogger

@Imua wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@Imua wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@uroosa1 wrote:

not secured.

the only other credit/TL showing on my CR's was an overdraft LOC with my CU ($5k CL, open since 1990)/// and that only reports on EQ.

no auto loans showing (last auto loan was taken out in 1992, paid off in 1997... i paid cash for a new car in 2002, so that didn't show up on CR's)

Did you have any installment loan or mortgage on your report when you applied for the BofA card? In any event, starting out with a non-secured card is a huge advantage.

Message 33 of 35
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

Did you have any installment loan or mortgage on your report when you applied for the BofA card? In any event, starting out with a non-secured card is a huge advantage.

nope, just the CU overdraft LOC

believe me, i was very happy to get the card at that time (went through a period of no cc's, paying cash for everything before 'resurrecting' my credit from the ashes, starting in mid-2008)

Message 34 of 35
HiLine
Blogger

@Imua wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

nope, just the CU overdraft LOC

believe me, i was very happy to get the card at that time (went through a period of no cc's, paying cash for everything before 'resurrecting' my credit from the ashes, starting in mid-2008)

Totally! And you sure deserved the reward! Smiley Wink 

I think Chase pulls EQ quite often actually, and if they indeed pulled EQ on you and saw the CU overdraft, they'd know how long of a credit history you have Smiley Happy

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.