Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom

tag
trey2506
New Visitor

Chase Freedom

Hey everyone, I am new to the forum.  What I have readon this site appears to be very helpful...I have a situation with Chase, I applied for a Chease Freedom and was told I was denied because of another Chase credit card that was charged off in 2005.  Funny thing is I have never had any card with Chase except my debit card that was opened in 2009.  The lady I talked to said that I should contact Chase Credit Card center in writing requesting information.  This does not show on my CR, and it would be considered out of stat because it has been so long.  Any suggestions on how to proceed with this?  The lady I talked said until this is resolved it will always hinder from getting a Chase card....

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom

Sorry to hear.  However, could have been another bank credit card Chase acquired?  Such as WAMU or Bank One?

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 2 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@trey2506 wrote:

The lady I talked to said that I should contact Chase Credit Card center in writing requesting information.  This does not show on my CR, and it would be considered out of stat because it has been so long.  Any suggestions on how to proceed with this?

Did you ask her for the address for the Chase Credit Card Center?  How to proceed seems pretty straightforward given what she told you.

Message 3 of 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Definitely contact a chase Lending Services. It sounds like KIPPIE12 has a good point. Chase has gobbled up other banks and the CO may be from a different institution.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.