Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom?

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom?

@worcester wrote:

I just wanted to provide a quick update to you guys. A couple weeks ago I figured out that my credit scores are higher than I initially reported. The ones I reported were directly from equifax. However, I signed up for scorewatch on myfico and saw that my EQ fico was 797. I then apped for AMEX BCP and was approved with a $10,000 CL. When I received my card, it indicated that my EX was 788. So, I guess that myfico had the correct scores and not Equifax. I'm not sure why there was such a large discrepency between Equifax and myfico, but I guess Equifax was giving me FAKOs.

I am going to wait a couple months to do an AMEX auto CLI to a little over $20,000. I will then probably app for either the Chase Freedom or CSP. I'm hoping that this combo of cards will allow me to maximize rewards.

Congrats on a great card with a great limit

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 16
Luscher
Valued Contributor

when you do your amex cli. ask for 24.9k
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 12 of 16
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

congratulations, you've done a great job! Smiley Happy You can get 3x CLI with your income there should be no problem with that and your scores will back you up as well. Who cares if they want you to provide proof of income? Great job!
Message 13 of 16
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@worcester wrote:

Or does anyone have any suggestions for a better CC for me? 

You haven't really posted the info we'd need to make suggestions.  What are you looking for?  What are your major spend categories?  Don't just assume that best is universal no matter what the topic.  Always provide your criteria for best when asking for recommendations.

Message 14 of 16
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

I had 3 cc's when I apped for Freedom - WF Visa with $1K CL,  Discover with $1250 and Cap 1 with $1k - I was approved with Freedom for $4.5K, not sure if existing small credit lines matter to them Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 16
supervelous
Regular Contributor

I hope you got the $250 bonus on the BCP via creditcards.com.  I found out about that AFTER I already app with the $150 bonus.  Tried to get matched but two separate CSR's shot me down.  Also, the Chase Pre-Qualification on their site is pretty good.  I imagine with your profile everything will show up, and I hear once you get that pre-qual its a strong indicator of approval.

For me only Freedom popped up, but I put in my mom's information (with her consent) and Freedom, CSP, and Slate came up as pre-qualified and at all their best rates (well CSP is same rate for everyone).  I have a much lower FICO than you, in the 600's

To add to the poster above me about if existing small lines matter to Chase, my limits were $250, $300, $300, $500, $700, and $1,730 and Chase approved me for $5K Freedom Visa Signature and $6,200 Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature, so I also wouldn't think small credit lines matter to them.  Also my income is about the same as yours.  

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.